cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Switch to Koodo (Prepaid recently renewed Customer SHOCKED)

dzvision
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Currently I have paid until May 2018 for my PM Account. If I switch to Koodo (Let's say March 1), do I have free monthly fee until May + $100 credit? Or is just $100 credit, and you have to pay every month.

Thanks. 

I am not avarice~ It is the Big Three. 

In Peru, $18CAD plan comes with 4GB data, 800 Mins + 500 SMS.

======================================================

EDIT: 

For calculation worth it or not, please check this post.

For current promotional offer from Koodo, please check this post.

My point is the current Koodo promotion have some drawback which might be the reason why other PM user not going to switch their plan.

Suggestion for Telus/KOODO:

Better Offer if you want to move all the people to monthly plan.

18 REPLIES 18

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

or remove the $100 completely and extend it the 100 days.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To make the $100 credit fair for everyone, just extend the offer for 100 days. Done. Everyone who wants to move, can time it to the end of their PM renewal. 

mimmo

@dzvisionwrote:

I just came back from mexico northamerican(canada, mex and usa) calling 1gb data and free  whattaspp and facebook was 100 pesos or about 7$ Can.

But we are not in mexico nor peru.     I am sure much research is done one what canadians are willing able to pay for their cellphones.    do we really need so much data?  can we do without?  why not use cellphone just as a phone and pay $25 /month?  we have wife almost everywhere...  sorry went a little off topic... 

@Dairywrote:

@computergeek541

You are right.  I can stay with PM and not lose anything. I just think it is horrible that I multi-billion dollar corporation (acknowledging PM and Koodoo are both owned by Telus) is just trying to nickle and dime me and others. In my case, they will be gaining $30 straight out of my pocket (EDIT: $30 if I wait to take the offer up when it is about to expiry or $50 if I take it now) plus whatever else they save by me switching to Koodoo. Let's be honest, they are not offering this deal out of the kindness of their hearts; they will save themselves a certain amount of money each month for every user that switches. 

If they want me to make this switch, which they do because they offered it, it should be at least a zero sum, "straight from my pocket" gain for them. They are welome to save all the monthly, "behind-the-scenes" money they can. I just don't think I should be paying extra for them to save money.

This one size fits all solution of providing $100 creates losers and winners.  This is a major contributing factor to why everyone was so angry.  Forget about stranded usage, the ones that stand to lose the greatest are those with stranded funds sitting in their account.  Unless you are in that situation, you have no clue the uphill battles required to have funds transferred over. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dzvisionwrote:

So the cell phone companies charge in Canadian? No they charge in Peruvian Sol which is 1 = 39 cents Canadian. 

Dairy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@computergeek541

You are right.  I can stay with PM and not lose anything. I just think it is horrible that I multi-billion dollar corporation (acknowledging PM and Koodoo are both owned by Telus) is just trying to nickle and dime me and others. In my case, they will be gaining $30 straight out of my pocket (EDIT: $30 if I wait to take the offer up when it is about to expiry or $50 if I take it now) plus whatever else they save by me switching to Koodoo. Let's be honest, they are not offering this deal out of the kindness of their hearts; they will save themselves a certain amount of money each month for every user that switches. 

If they want me to make this switch, which they do because they offered it, it should be at least a zero sum, "straight from my pocket" gain for them. They are welome to save all the monthly, "behind-the-scenes" money they can. I just don't think I should be paying extra for them to save money.

@Dairywrote:

I call shenanigans on Public Mobile. I have been reading about this switch to Koodoo for nearly a month, but I never received the offer. TWO days after I paid for THREE months (Feb. 26th), I finally receive the offer that has the same expiry date as everyone else. This is some dirty pool by Public Mobile. 

If the offer doesn't appeal to you, or if the timing doesn't make sense, you can keep your Public Mobile plan and stay here.  You will not have lost anything by doing that, espcially since the price isn't being raised at this time.

dzvision

@Dairy

Indeed!!

Couldn't agree more.

I don't think this is just a "bad luck"

This is "Targeted"

Dairy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I call shenanigans on Public Mobile. I have been reading about this switch to Koodoo for nearly a month, but I never received the offer. TWO days after I paid for THREE months (Feb. 26th), I finally receive the offer that has the same expiry date as everyone else. This is some dirty pool by Public Mobile. 

The promotion doesnt work for many current subscribers.  Use your own situation to calculate.

mimmo

@dzvision All good.

dzvision

@mimmo

Sorry about that.

Please kindly accept my apologies. 

My point is the current Koodo promotion have some drawback which might be the reason why other PM user not going to switch their plan.

mimmo

@dzvision @Don't forget guy c who might have just paid 120$ and then transfered they would have a net loss of 20 plus the so if they didn't get it free

The whole point of the 100 was to compensate for forefited time. Yes for some people it works better than others. For some the koodo extras are worth it for some not.

You asked why some people where going over and I gave you some reasons.  I do not speak for koodo.

dzvision

@mimmo

You don't have to speak for Koodo.

For some people, this deal is not fair enough.

Compare this:

Guy A: Renew Plan on Dec 1 2017, end in Feb 28, 2018.

Switch on March 1, 2018

Guy A get $100 credit extra. = GAIN $100

Guy B: 

Renew Plan on Feb 1 2018, end in May 31, 2018.

Switch on March 1, 2018

Guy A get $100 credit but lossing rest of PM Plan = GAIN $5

Guy A and Guy B both gain.

But what do the Guy B think about this?

There is a much fair solution for this, let every one who switch to Koodo get exactly same bill day like when they are in PM. Which means get free Koodo monthly fee until original PM prepaid plan expired.

Why don't they do it.

---->Because this is complicated for the billing system. 

NOT BECAUSE we are valued customer.

mimmo

@dzvision you are also getting 5gb vs 4gb of data, opportunity for phones, kiosks for help, a phone number to call, roaming visual voice mail (extra charge) etc...

srlawren

@dzvision well it all depends.  For people that could use the Canada-wide calling and/or access to Easy Roam and other "frills", it might still be a good *long term* deal even if you lost a little on the migration.  Everybody's needs and circumstances are different.  One size rarely fits all.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dzvision

So this equal $40*2=$80 loss. since the credit is only $100. I will gain $20.

SIM Activation for $15 = Gain $5 (Someone say if you add promo code PM-SIM-0, they will credit back)

For the people just renew. This is not a deal.

srlawren

@dzvision no, your time from point of porting to Koodo until your renwal date in May would be forfeitted without refund.  This is why PM is including the $100 credit, to help compensate.  In your case, you would probably still lose out a little since it sounds like you must have renewed very recently.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.