cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about this Koodo offer for Fall 2016 Promo customers

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, I hate adding to the noise but didn't want my question to get buried in the current threads.

I am on the mentioned plan however I moved last summer when it was targetted to Freedom customers only.

Has anyone else received this text also on the same plan but came over in June of last year and not in the fall of 2016? As of this second I have not received the text nor have two family members also on the same plan.

Specifically, this is the $120/12GB/90 plan.

I know I should wait for things to quiet down a bit but I have several trips planned over the next few weeks so need to get things planned ahead of time. Smiley Indifferent

80 REPLIES 80

Udonitron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The same reason they stopped it this time. 
Public scrutiny and an angry mob. 

bruor

I'm still switching, Canada wide calling included at the same price point.  And the ability to have tabs for phones is a decent bonus. 

They broke my faith in their promise once.  I won't allow it to happen twice.   What's to stop  them next time? 

Udonitron

I JUST got a text from PM stating they will NOT be moving forward on the price increase for our plans as previously stated! 😄
The Koodo offer is still availae however. 
Our voices were heard and obvioiusly the attention on Mobile Syrup etc made it publicly seen to a wide audience...that and perhaps a CRTC involvement is just not worth it!
WOOT

kevin_camera

Thanks for the thread, so it's confirmed that these price increases are not generic and are targetted to only a percentage of the accounts?

hwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got this as well and don't approve. It's a way for them to up our rates by not honouring any discounts we are getting

bruor

I'm trying to log in to get account numbers for all 6 of my family to switch stuff over and the self serve site is down... 

SMH

rocpoon

Complain Filed

bruor

RFD link doesn't work or they pulled the thread down  

tom3204

@lukevader Bill Cosby is a scumbag. Why won’t you denounce him?

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tom3204

The only thing I'm joining everyone in is ignoring you and your love affair with bill cosby 

Watoko

@lukevader

That, I agree, and I think a lot of us are just hoping something magical will happen before jumping ship. Rest assured I have no intention of staying.

lukevader

@Watoko I get what you are saying, and you can protest with your wallet, but thats all the power you and others here have. I've said it before, pm was a telus experiment. It's winding down now.

tom3204

@lukevader nah they advertised they weren't going to raise prices to get customers and then they did. You should join us in filing CCTS compaint.

Watoko

@lukevader

Regardless of legality or not, why would anyone want to be part of a company where customers are shafted over and over again? If this happened at Rogers or Bell, I could easily speak to a CSR and get myself a nice retention plan. This is simply people's way of voicing their concerns, and hoping that they receive at least some sort of compensation because this is no way to treat a customer.

Unfortunately given PM's online business model, we don't have the option to complain to a CSR and that is exactly what you're seeing manifested on these forums. This is likely what happens on a day to day basis with the other carriers, but they just have reps to deal with it on the back end.

lukevader

@Watokowrote:

But that is not the only issue. Another big problem I see is that they are effectively forcing people to renew their plans by next month, even though most people prepaid for 3 months just now.

Public Mobile has the right to change ANY terms of service, including rates without notice. Changes become effective 30 days after being posted.

You guys all agreed to these terms by activating your account. End of story.

tom3204

@lukevader people on this forum are likely disgusted that you think Public Mobile lying to customers is okay because they can hide behind their lawyers, but are probably 100x more disgusted that you refuse to denounce Bill Cosby.

Watoko

@bballstufferwrote:

I think by offering an alternative at Koodo with a plan that is same price and has the same features as the Public Mobile plan, you can argue your plan’s price has not been changed.

What is concerning for a lot of us are our referral credits and the autopay credits that we are getting. Unfortunately I don’t think you will find terms and condition that will guarantee you those credits for life.

But that is not the only issue. Another big problem I see is that they are effectively forcing people to renew their plans by next month, even though most people prepaid for 3 months just now.

lukevader

Red Herring
In literature, a red herring is an argument or subject that is introduced to divert attention from the real issue or problem. Red herrings are more common in persuasive writing and speech than in fiction.

Examples of Red Herring:
1. When your mom gets your phone bill and you have gone over the limit, you begin talking to her about how hard your math class is and how well you did on a test today.

2. When you are late getting home-past curfew-you distract your parents by talking to them about the weather-how cold it is, or how rainy it is.

3. The mother of a young child tells him to go to bed, and he begins to ask questions, say that he is hungry, or say that he needs to go to the bathroom-all to avoid bed and distract mom.

4. When your on a community forum and @tom3204 keeps bringing up bill cosby because hes got nothing else to say but repeat your comments back to you.

jooksingjai77

EVERYONE PLEASE VISIT:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-public-mobile-kicking-out-120-90-day-12gb-customers-100...

Read the thread summary and file a complaint with the CRTC.  

Lets make the RFD effect do something positive!

bruor

I signed up for the promo the last time it came around. My account  is still active. Public Mobile said that my rate wouldn't increase as long as my account  was active.

I could understand if I let my service lapse or something like that. 

But it's going to be nice to have canada-wide calling at least.   

tom3204

@lukevader can you please clarify whether or not you believe what Bill Cosby did was okay even though he wasn't convicted?

remik

giphy (1).gif

lukevader

@tom3204 whats your fascination about bill cosby? Get over it.

tom3204

@lukevader supporting Bill Cosby may fly in your circle of friends, but not in the real world.

lukevader

@tom3204 You are ignoring the legal terms. They met their obligation in black and white and you are projecting more legal obligation onto pm because you are adding your bias between the lines. As I said earlier, good luck in your court case. You will lose.

PS: Just because YOU believe something, it doesn't make it true.

tom3204

@lukevader why won't you admit that Bill Cosby's actions were wrong even though he hasn't been convicted? I believe the accusers.

At the end of the day, saying one thing and then doing another is an advertising standards issue. They shouldn't have made these claims in the first place if they didn't want this backlash.

lukevader

@tom3204 There are all sorts of injustices in the world but using one to compare against rates going up legally here is just a red herring. The facts here is that everyone is bitching about pm breaking the law and clearly they have not. Good luck bringing up bill cosby in your prosecution case.

tom3204

@lukevader Bill Cosby wasn't convicted in court. Do you therefore believe people shouldn't speak up if they disagree with his actions?

You're beliefs about whether things are right or wrong solely depend on if they are legal may fly in your circle of friends, but not in the real world.

lukevader

@sheytoonwrote:

@lukevader

Are you a lawyer? Chill out man, let people blow off some steam.

Theres a difference between blowing off steam and citing a lynch mob against pm. There has to be a voice of reason here. PM is not a safe space you know.

@lukevader

Are you a lawyer? Chill out man, let people blow off some steam.

Need Help? Let's chat.