cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about porting existing number

Titanmowgli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello...so right now, I am on Virgin Mobile. My account has two numbers, my own and my wife's number, and the account is under my name only.

I recently ported my own number to PM, and now want to port my wife's number. I would prefer to port it under her name because so she has more control of her account, and I could get her to refer me. Can I port her existing number under her own name on PM even though her number is currently registered under my name/account with Virgin? Or do I have to port her number over under my own name again?

I would just try this myself, but I don't physically have the SIM card on me, so I am going to get a new number while the promo is active and then port her existing number over once we physically have the SIM card on hand.
7 REPLIES 7

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Check that box, BEFORE you click anything else.

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When porting, the most important information is to have the account number from your previous provider.  Just check the box that says you're authorised and you should be good to go

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Use your name when requesting the port but hers when activating the account.

Gee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Telus is based in BC, but I would still play it safe and port at least 6 hours before the deadline.

@Titanmowgli wrote:
Thanks! Just to confirm, the promo ends Nov 20th 11:59PM? Does time zone matter?

Probably Eastern standard time zone. But you don't wanna rely on the exact timing since the system might be really slow or down as many might try to activate at the last hours. 

Titanmowgli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks! Just to confirm, the promo ends Nov 20th 11:59PM? Does time zone matter?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Here is the post i found: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Dealing-with-Multiple-Numbers-in-1-Account...

According to that, you can simply port in 2nd number and have your wife's own account with own email. I guess when you port in your wife's number on your wife's public mobile account, you might have to use your name only when you request to port in. 

FYI, the promo expires tomorrow so hopefully you have the sim ready to activate. 

Need Help? Let's chat.