cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question! Phone call kept disconnecting!

Kikari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone!

I am new in this community as I just moved over to Public Mobile today from Fido 🙂 I activated my account this afternoon around 2PM and have successfully ported my number over and everything was going great! I was able to use my data and i was able to make outgoing and receive incoming calls.

HOWEVER, I have been experiencing some difficulties for the past hour as I have been disconnected from phone calls about 3 times now. First time was an incoming call, second time an outgoing call, and the third time being an incoming call. All the calls were fine until suddenly it gets cut off. Anyone know if this is a network/ service problem and if anyone has been experiencing difficulties with phone calls as well? 

Thank you in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

so this could be your problem then..

it was reported that the nexus 6P has this kind of issue ..although it happen on a diffrent band in australia, this sounded just like what you were experiencing.....

it is actually the switching between wifi and your phone's LTE what could be causing it if you walk around your house while on a phone and then loose your wifi signal.....

usually not a problem but apparantly with the nexus 6P it is one.....

Kikari

I will try to see if this happens at work tomorrow... I work about 30 minutes away from home so maybe it'll be a different story. I really hope the telus network is okay at my location 😞

Kikari

Hey thanks for looking it up for me. i appreciate it 🙂 I have been on wifi the whole duration of the call as i am home and am connected to my home network. If i experience another disconnection issue, i will try to switch to LTE instead!

Cheers!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jheili99 great suggestions!

@Kikari can you try a few test calls from somewhere else?  It's possible you happen to live ina spot with poor coverage, or in a house.  The Telus network is great, but every network has issues in certain places.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jheili99

hi..

yes your phone supports PM LTE band 4 so no issue there...but here is what i found on the internet :

Connectivity issues were reported after the launch in Australia by users of the Telstra 4GX (LTE Band 28) network. Issues included occasional drops out from the 4G/4GX network,[53] such as when switching from Wifi to 4G/4GX.[54]

so couple things you can test:

1. is your wifi turned on? if yes turn it off and see if it gets better

2. check your APN settings ( sometimes if the signal is week and it switches from LTE to 3G it could drop the service for a couple seconds )

if all is ok, the private message one of the 3 moderators...they can run a refresh on the backend..

cheers

Kikari

yes, all in my house which is in Richmond, BC area! 

Kikari

hmm i usually have no issues with calling on my phone though. even with fido.

i currently use a nexus 6p. I have also checked that it is compatible with PM and therefore went ahead with the switch

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kikari were these all in the same physical location/area?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jheili99

hi and welcome..

this sounds like probably a phone issue... i'm in surrey ..no outages here......

what phone model do you use? not all phones ( although working partially on PM ) support the best frequencies....

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.