cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quarantined

cowboydave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in quarantine due to possible covid infection.  My phone got cut off as I havent been able to make any money to pay this month. I am in a really bad way because I cant communicate woth anyone for supplies without a phone. Does public mobile have anyway to help a guy out like some other cell companies are doing for there customers?

30 REPLIES 30

@darlicious wrote:

* https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-immunity-antibodies.html      

Interesting article..... although it's a wee bit contradictory to what I saw on TV yesterday, it does sound pretty hopeful. 👍 

@cowboydave  Welcome to public mobile Community forums!

There, I fixed it for you, since @cowboydave  said he's been a PM customer for "over 2 yrs.". 😉  😁 

@carlaspapa wrote:

Hi cowboydave,  that really sucks that you got sick but it's nice you got some help from the community. Get well soon.

While it's possible the OP may get ill, he DID say, in the very 1st sentence in this thread, "I am in quarantine due to possible covid infection", and mentioned that he hasn't been tested, so I think we can assume he's had some contact with someone that DOES have the virus, so he's now under quarantine for the required 14 days, just to make sure he doesn't spread it further.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi cowboydave,  that really sucks that you got sick but it's nice you got some help from the community. Get well soon.

* https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-immunity-antibodies.html      

@cowboydave  Wow I just read this thread and it's so great that the community has come together in a brainstorming session and with the help of a moderator a solution to your current crisis has been worked out. Stay safe, warm, get lots of rest, chicken soup, think positive and try to laugh as much as possible because it can often be the best medicine.

If you can get a couple pomegranates in your grocery delivery and eat a quarter of one each day it helps boost your immune system and they contain powerful anti viral properties that have only begun to be researched and studied by scientists.

Since its a high probability you do have the covid 19 virus take comfort once recovered you will have the antibodies in your blood that will make you immune to it in the future. This enables you to work in front line jobs or high risk positions such as hospitals....but any current job because you are no longer at risk of contracting it. Additionally you can give blood that can help seriously ill covid 19 patients ( 2 ) recieve a blood product rich in antibodies that can help their immune system fight off the virus and survive. You can be tested for the antibodies after you recover and your  quarantine is over.*

If you are feeling lonely or down feel free to come back for some safe distance socializing in the lounge. It's a great place to read and reply to a variety of topics that are not all about phones and public mobile but can still help you. @Darkebane  supplied us with some snowmageddon pics after seeking help similar to yours during that ordeal. There's also threads on the best coffee, our community pets (mostly mine...lol), hockey talk etc....and a few spats we've had on here in the past. Lots to entertain and easy to strike up a conversation or a lively discussion. You are not alone at home on the range.....just part of a larger country wide community. Welcome to public mobile!

@cowboydave  AWESOME - glad to hear this has been resolved!!! Another "ATTA BOY" for Public Mobile! 👍  Take care, and do come back here and let us know how it all turns out.

cowboydave

I was worried about that , the whole no telephone support thing bit after this. No worries. I am so glad I chose public. I have been with them for over 2 years now and never a problem and now this. 

I am so happy with my choice to go with public mobile 

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

with Public Mobile lack of telephone support - in unprecedented times, now THAT'S customer service.

cowboydave

This is so true. It just started storming here. So perfect timing. Thanks again

@cowboydave wrote:

Update. After posting this and submitting a ticket. Public mobile has come through and made this whole covid 19 quarantine I am in survivable. So a big shout out to public mobile. Especially the mod that replied to my ticket

And also there was a public mobile customer that offered to help me out if public mobile couldn't. So a really big thank you to you ( you know who you are)

Thank you to everyone that replied and tried to help a guy out. It does mean a lot during this very scary time for me.

Great to hear @cowboydave , glad things have worked out!!  Now your friend can leave your porch and get inside where it is warm lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cowboydave  that.s great and they say there are no human beings to talk to here, guess that.s not true after all good luck and get well Dave!!!  Thankyou to the moderator for helping to restore a little faith in humanity for me maybe we are really a community here 

@cowboydave, that's great to hear. Make sure you do that survey form for that moderator who did this for you. This is their way of doing a job outstanding and may pay dividends when it comes to appraisals or review time.

Keep safe, and my offer still stands

@cowboydave wrote:

Update. After posting this and submitting a ticket. Public mobile has come through and made this whole covid 19 quarantine I am in survivable. So a big shout out to public mobile. Especially the mod that replied to my ticket

And also there was a public mobile customer that offered to help me out if public mobile couldn't. So a really big thank you to you ( you know who you are)

Thank you to everyone that replied and tried to help a guy out. It does mean a lot during this very scary time for me.

That is great news. Take care!

... and a big thanks to PM for coming through in these difficult times!

cowboydave

cowboydave

Unfortunately I only have internet for a little while as a friend stopped by to check on me and is sitting outside in the porch so I can use there hotspot from there cell phone. And I live in a small town where there are no hotspots for wifi around. If I wasn't on quarantine I wouldn't be so worried. Also I have  pretty existing health condition which if I need medical help I would have no way to call anyone. I understand that many people are in bad situations due to this pandemic. If it was just social distancing or if I didn't have symptoms of the covid. Then I would be able to go about my life and just do the social distancing stuff. But I have been put on quarantine. I have submitted a ticket to the mods.  But I really dont have any options at all. I really wish I di. But I dont

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The same could be said with TELUS - free hotspots also available.

I would explain your dire situation with a MOD and hoping they will understand. But for now there are a few aside from the ones mentioned like Talkatone, textPlus , freetone, Dingtone and Textfun. I believe these are Android and iOS compatible.

@cowboydave, sorry to hear that you gave covid19. Do you have access to a library card? Many libraries have ebooks online that you can read. Can you borrow your friend's wifi and download some blogs to read to a phone or tablet?

Is there any chance your friend can get you some magazines or books to read?

would Canada Post be able to deliver parcel to your home? am thinking, I could mail some reading materials if you need something to read?

cowboydave

i am on quarantine due to possible covid infection, they wont do the test as i am not a frontline service provider. i am not trying to get stuff for free, i am just trying to survive the quarantine without having to leave my house untill i am not contagious, so applying for a job anywhere right now is out of the question as is etting a landline installed as any contact with others will spread the coronavirus. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave, I hate to say it, but I have a feeling you will be stuck with no wifi or phone. The government is supposedly working one plan up to $2000 a month, but even at that, you need to apply for EI immediately and get some form of cash flow flowing. 

I would think there are many people in the forum who feel the pain too. I really can't see Public Mobile giving away a free plan of minutes or data. Because you live in the country, outback territory, I really can't see anything for you as you had mentioned, that you are on a friend's phone for wi-fi to connect with us. 

Without the hotspots, I can only think that you may need to go back to the ways of dial-up. I have no idea if companies still offer dial-up services for those people in rural areas in the country. Call your local phone company and/or Internet Service Provider to inquire about dial-up options in your area. Dial-up operates on the same line as your home phone. If you still use a landline and are looking for cheap, widely available internet, dial-up may be a good option. 

Out of work, besides collecting EI, some companies such as the grocery stores, Safeway, Loblaws, Save-On-foods to London Drugs, Walmart, Home Depot to Costco, Amazon are looking for staff immediately as they are being called essential services. I disagree with that though, because I think we need to shut the country down and stop it. And essential services I think is the police, fire, ambulance and nurses and doctors.

I do wish you a safe journey during these trying times. Be safe. Use a landline. Go back to basics, read a book. Am thankful, I took some books out of the library last week. Problem is, I wished I took something out that would be actually good to read! 

cowboydave

regardless of what plan i drop to, i dont have any money at all right now, that is why i was trying to get help from public mobile as i know some other cell companies are able to help out there customers at this time

cowboydave, I am not sure what plan you are on....is it possible to drop down to the $15 plan. 

cowboydave

I am just borrowing someones hotspot from there cell phone in order to try and figure this out, they are sitting outside in my porch so i can do this, once they leave i will have no way to get online 

cowboydave

I live in a very small town way up in northern Alberta, unfortunatly there are no hotspots like that anywhere in town. i love the small town life but there are a few drawbacks

@cowboydave wrote:

my internet is supplied through my data, my phone is the only way to communicate. i am borrowing someones hotspot to do this on here now

Shaw currently has over 100000 free hotspots across Canada right now

"We’ve opened Shaw Go WiFi, Canada’s largest WiFi network, to everybody. Look for the Shaw Go network on your device and you can connect without a login or Shaw ID"

cowboydave

Yes i am in Canada. i have submitted a ticket. thanks

cowboydave

my internet is supplied through my data, my phone is the only way to communicate. i am borrowing someones hotspot to do this on here now

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cowboydave wrote:

I am in quarantine due to possible covid infection.  My phone got cut off as I havent been able to make any money to pay this month. I am in a really bad way because I cant communicate woth anyone for supplies without a phone. Does public mobile have anyway to help a guy out like some other cell companies are doing for there customers?

@cowboydave , check your private messages (envelope top right)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave  If you have access to WiFi download an App like Hangout Dialer or similar that allows you to make call to anywhere in North America for free.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Download the TextNow app to make phone calls/text over wifi.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@cowboydave wrote:

I am in quarantine due to possible covid infection.  My phone got cut off as I havent been able to make any money to pay this month. I am in a really bad way because I cant communicate woth anyone for supplies without a phone.

While I sympathize, given that you clearly still have internet access, surely you can contact people via email, Skype, WhatsApp, or something that still can make use of your phone, such as TextNow, or Fongo.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My god this sucks. Where are you located in Canada? I would probably contact a moderator. Chat with SIMon and ask for a human. say its a account related problem and you can submit a ticket. Explain your situation to them. They are pretty nice so i am sure they would do something 

Need Help? Let's chat.