cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting plan on hold for 1 month

MG2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going out of country for 1 month and would like to put my phone plan on hold. Is this possible, would I lose my benefits, and how would I go about it? 

5 REPLIES 5

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In short you cannot hold a plan. You'll lose your benefits when you reactivate it. 

MG2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your advice!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MG2019   Just to add to what @popping has already advised, you may want to keep in mind that dropping down to the $15 plan (if that isn't your current plan), is that if you have an older discontinued plan you are grandfathered into, then you would not be able to get that plan back, once you returned to resume full service. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@MG2019 wrote:

I'm going out of country for 1 month and would like to put my phone plan on hold. Is this possible, would I lose my benefits, and how would I go about it? 

If you do not have enough available fund to renew your plan, you can disable the autopay.

If you have enough available fund to renew your plan, report your phone lost before your leave to stop the renewal.

WHen you reactivate your account, PM system want you to pay full amount of your paln without applying any reward.  After reactivation, you will continue to get your awards on your nest renewal after the reactivation.

If you have lot of rewards, you may schedule plan change to the $15 plan and let your rewards to pay for most of the $15 plan while your are away for a month.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MG2019 wrote:

If you do not have enough available fund to renew your plan, you can disable the autopay.

If you have enough available fund to renew your plan, report your phone lost before your leave to stop the renewal.

WHen you reactivate your account, PM system want you to pay full amount of your paln without applying any reward.  After reactivation, you will continue to get your awards on your nest renewal after the reactivation.

Need Help? Let's chat.