cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile texts

Bkstinson55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I unsubscribe to public mobile text messages. I don’t need to know I’ve paid my account or any other general messages that are pushed out to everyone 

14 REPLIES 14

hashcakes

All I ask as a customer, is to be given a choice.  If I should choose to shoot myself in the foot, it is still my choice and it should be my decision to make and not Public Mobile's decision.  Forcing a customer to receive text messages when that same customer does not want any text messages (such as in the middle of the night), is careless, thoughtless and disrespectful of the customer's wishes.  Even if Public Mobile does correct the problem of the "middle of the night text messages", it still does not address the customer's simple request of having no text messages to begin with.  To me this is no different than being forced to receive spam email that you cannot turn off, from the very same company whose service you pay for each month.

I can see from this discussion thread, that I am not the only Public Mobile customer that is requesting this same change.  So what is keeping Public Mobile from fulfilling this simple request?

Public Mobile, please give the customer a choice.  Or at very least give your customers the choice of having these messages sent to either; their phone, or their email ID.

@jshipway 

Unfortunately no....but this is a glitch as normally it would be 12 hours earlier just after noon. Pm is aware of the glitch and hopefully it will be fixed soon. You can go to the message settings and silence texts from that number.

jshipway

Is there a solution to CHANGE the timing of the payment reminders ,recieved payment notifications as my wife`s account is getting them after midnight and usually wakes us up ?  

thks Jim 

@hashcakes  just couple text a month....

you can try to block it on the phone level...

but honest.. once you miss a real important text from PM and you loss your service or something.. you might regret  🙂

@darlicious wrote:

@hashcakes 

I don't know if you can stop texts from 611 as some of these communications are regulated under the WCC but it can't hurt to try....if your are successful just know you won't recieve promotional gifts like calling or data add ons etc....

Text STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to 611 and see if you get a response.

@darlicious 

As you may have suspected, messages from 611 cannot be unsubscribed from.

@hashcakes 

I don't know if you can stop texts from 611 as some of these communications are regulated under the WCC but it can't hurt to try....if your are successful just know you won't recieve promotional gifts like calling or data add ons etc....

Text STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to 611 and see if you get a response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hashcakes : How about grow up yourself. Really? Does the lack of choice on how some information is conveyed to their customers really deserve any rant? I will never understand why a few bits of information from service providers matters so much to people. Among the torrents of notifications they get from friends, family, work, subscriptions, streams, feeds etc...4 texts from the provider are somehow the end of the world?

I mean really.

hashcakes

you can't stop it. Personally, I think that the 3 day 611 payment reminder and  payment

> thankyou messages are very important. Especially the thankyou one. It lets you know that

> you are good for another cycle. Stay safe.

>

I call BS on that one.  I am retired and it is definitely not THAT important if my cellular phone service went "missing" for a couple of days.  Besides, In the 2 years that I've been with Public Mobile and autopay, I've never had a problem with a break in my service due to missing a payment or a credit card problem.

It's simple for any company including Public Mobile, GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS THE OPTION OF TURNING OFF TEXT MESSAGES IF THEY SO DESIRE.  Do not just ram these down their throat.  I do not need to receive 4 useless text messages every month, telling me;

a) my bill is due,

b) if on autopay I'm ok,

c) congradulations my auto-payment has been received

d) I'm a good boy and I've received a $2 discount for being on autopay.

Like really?  What kind of morons does Public Mobile think they have for customers?  Grow up Public Mobile.  If you are absolutely required by the CRTC (or other) to send your customers these irritating and annoying messages, then at least give your customers the option of having these message sent to their email ID instead.  At least then they'd be able to add them to their spam filters.  Besides even if a customer chooses to "shoot themselves in the foot" because of the choice they make, that is THEIR CHOICE and not yours Public Mobile.  This is why companies have their customers sign waivers if they want to cover themselves.  So yeah, I call BS on this.

Public Mobile please cut the crap for your own good.

Jordi

There have been complaints from people who never received and couldn't claim their free gifts from Public Mobile. Because they'd blocked or unsubscribed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bkstinson55 

Text reply,

UNSUBSCRIBE

hit send.

(note:   CRTC messaging cannot be opted out from and mobile carriers are required to send them to be in compliance with regulatory measures )

Anonymous
Not applicable

And free gifts! Then people come back whining that they didn't get any mention of gifts and missed them.

Is it really that painful to get these few texts from your provider?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you can try to block PM messages on the phone level.. but as the other members said, you might missed out important messages, like the payment reminder

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bkstinson55 wrote:

How do I unsubscribe to public mobile text messages. I don’t need to know I’ve paid my account or any other general messages that are pushed out to everyone 

@Bkstinson55 you can't stop it. Personally, I think that the 3 day 611 payment reminder and  payment thankyou messages are very important. Especially the thankyou one. It lets you know that you are good for another cycle. Stay safe. 

@Bkstinson55 wrote:

For marketing offers, reply to the message with the word "stop" or "unsubcribe". However, there are some messages such as payment reminders, renewal notifications, CCTS infromation, and reward notices that cannot be unsubscribed from.

Need Help? Let's chat.