cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile app

Cgfitzhe1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to find where to post ideas but I’m sure I’m not the first to mention this.... a public mobile app, that allows us to track data usage, make account changes etc as the public mobile page isn’t very mobile friendly. An app specifically for the phone would be awesome as most other providers have them, Telus has it for Telus, Koodo, it would be relatively easy for them to design one for public mobile as well. I understand the ”no frills” but as the site isn’t very mobile friendly this would be a great addition, especially in terms of helping people track data usage. 

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Fenix if you really want to appify your PM account, you could try this workaround I detailed using Hermite Lite.  Might or might not meet your needs, but worth a look.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Fenix

I can assume they are working on a new version of their self-serve app, the current website did get a new re-design so my guess is that self-serve will follow. These things take time especialy when you need to ensure everything is smooth because one bug could cause an outrage with all their customers. Anyways we shall see what the future hold, cheers for now!

Cgfitzhe1982

It would be a great feature. Even if they don’t make an app if they could make the webpage more mobile friendly. 

Fenix

I plan on making myself an app to access the information. Unfotunalty not many will probably use it due to security reasons, as an app made by a random dude on the internet is not the safest thing, I'll make it open source though so at least everyone can see the code and choose to use it or not. 

It won't be anything special, it will just be an app that visits the website and modifys the style of the web page to be more responsive and a littlr bit prettier for mobile. I'll keep everyone up to date, may be a week before I even get started.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Cgfitzhe1982 wrote:

I tried to find where to post ideas but I’m sure I’m not the first to mention this.... a public mobile app, that allows us to track data usage, make account changes etc as the public mobile page isn’t very mobile friendly. An app specifically for the phone would be awesome as most other providers have them, Telus has it for Telus, Koodo, it would be relatively easy for them to design one for public mobile as well. I understand the ”no frills” but as the site isn’t very mobile friendly this would be a great addition, especially in terms of helping people track data usage. 

I do believe Koodo has discontinued their app and have just gone web based.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This topic has been often talked about in the past.  We all got tired of talking about vaporware.  It ain't gonna happen. 

Need Help? Let's chat.