Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile vs Telus Network

@arbutus wrote:

Thank you @popping for the info.

So I guess since I currently have a really bad cellular reception with Public Mobile, switching to a full service Telus brand will not help?

With Telus WiFi calling, Telus may solve your bad reception issue.  If you have WiFi at your location, you will not using any mobile data.

To determine your problem is due to your phone or your location, test your PM SIM card with another phone.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@arbutusmaybe you're right if it's all 5. I'm on pixel 4 and my reception is great. is this only in your home where this happens?

for the pixel 3a can you 

• enable/disable airplane mode
  • open settings
    scroll down to system
    tap on reset options
    tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
    tap reset settings and restart

and screenshot a before and after of your signal

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried that multiple times.

My parents who live close by (Coquitlam WP area) and also PM users (Pixel2 and Moto G7) have similar issues

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus according to this https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html there is a Telus and Rogers cell tower there.  Fido would have had volte like Koodo and Telus. That may have been the difference. Fidos competition is Koodo. Chatrs competition is Public Network. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus wrote:

thank you@gblackma

Yeah, I was with Fido prior to switching to PM. A part from being more expensive, Fido did not really have any issues with reception.

If PM has bad reception, don't consider Bell as Bell is using Telus towers in the Western Canada.  This means Rogers network may be your option.  

But try your PM SIM card in another phone to determine the bad reception is due to your phone or Telus network.

Highlighted

@arbutus contact customer support here and ask them why your reception is horrible

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

if they can't fix it then probably chatr would be your best bet if you want a similar plan to public otherwise, its probably best to go back with fido

how is your reception/call quality when you switch the preferred network type to 3g instead of LTE

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

gpixel4 thank you. I'll give it a try. I hope this time they can help me . I tried a few times in the past without any luck. 🙂
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus I would go back to Fido or go with Koodo( has both volte and WiFi calling) . Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Looking at the towers in the area. Seems Telus had quite a bit in your area. GREEN is Telus antennas.

Screenshot_20200801_180221.jpg

Highlighted

@Jb456 from. that picture it doesnt look like Telus has good coverage in his area. and his parents are in Westwood plateau which barely has any

I think he's right. there isn't good coverage there. you'll need the volte feature as chatr would probably have the same issues