cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile vs Telus Network

Do Public Mobile customers get an inferior network quality comparing to Telus/Kodoo customers?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile vs Telus Network

@arbutus 

When it comes to services offered theres less as shown by @popping  and @cavemantoronto  but when it comes to network quality its exactly the same. Same great coast to coast network coverage, throttled to 3mbps 4G LTE data speeds and the same call quality as telus.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Same network but no voice over LTE

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus 

Telus

- full LTE speed.

- VoLTE

PM

- speed is LTE capped at 3Mbps.

- Voice is using 3G signal.

- no WiFi calling

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus 

When it comes to services offered theres less as shown by @popping  and @cavemantoronto  but when it comes to network quality its exactly the same. Same great coast to coast network coverage, throttled to 3mbps 4G LTE data speeds and the same call quality as telus.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @popping for the info.

So I guess since I currently have a really bad cellular reception with Public Mobile, switching to a full service Telus brand will not help?

Highlighted

@darliciousI am afraid I'll have to disagree with you on the great coast to coast network coverage 🙂

The only reason I am considering moving to another provider is poor network quality (at least in some parts of Port Moody). 

If WiFi calling  was available, it would help me a lot. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus  check your friends and neighbours receptions to find out which company has better reception in your area. Koodo or Telus with volte may improve your reception. Try switching your SIM into another phone to determine whether its a PM or phone problem.  Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@arbutus Port Moody? I highly doubt that has something to do with pm. whats the make and model of your phone?

Highlighted

thank you@gblackma

Yeah, I was with Fido prior to switching to PM. A part from being more expensive, Fido did not really have any issues with reception.

Highlighted

@gpixel4 I have 5 phones/lines in my household; Pixel 2, Pixel 3a, iPhone X and Moto G7 x2 (all up to date). All of them have periodic problems with calls going to voicemail.
Need Help? Let's chat.