cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile text of confirmation

Gary553
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do you stop receiving texts from Public Mobile advising that the plan has been renewed at hours such as midnight or 6 AM?  I don't want to block the number, but these messages are very annoying when they wake you up for that reason.

22 REPLIES 22

Malifacent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had this same issue!  Was being woken up at 1 in the morning. 
Are you able to set the notification for that one number to "silent"?  With my phone, I was able to click on options for that message and set the notification sound to a "silent" option.  Not sure all phones have that but, mine is a Samsung and I believe they should all have the same options. 

Namu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was wondering about this myself. Mind you it's the 9am one that bothers me the most!

@barndoor 

Both renewal text messages and any other text messages like referral texts that the activation occurred after 9pm eastern used to be sent out at noon eastern. Then about a year ago referral texts went awry sending out ghost referral texts so they were stopped altogether for awhile and then in July the rewards texts suddenly switched to midnight eastern. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to fix?!!🤔

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious  

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Looks like I will get my rewards confirmation 6 minutes before you will get yours tonight. If you like I can give you a call and remind you to silence your phone before you get it? Really its just after 9pm... oh wait 9pm for me.....being in the eastern time zone sometimes isn't all that?!!🤣🤣🤣

It was right on time .... 12am on the dot !🙄

Your comment  still begs the question  ...why not just send all messages at 12 pm eastern and then everyone in the country would receive  their messages during normal business hours .

Its obvious PM  can do it  so why not ?   The payment due notice comes as two messages so it seems apparent that traffic volume is not an issue and they used to do both confirmation messages  at 12 pm  ?

@barndoor 

Looks like I will get my rewards confirmation 6 minutes before you will get yours tonight. If you like I can give you a call and remind you to silence your phone before you get it? Really its just after 9pm... oh wait 9pm for me.....being in the eastern time zone sometimes isn't all that?!!🤣🤣🤣

barndoor

@jib_tech wrote:

Me too. I was wondering why I was getting pm texts at night. Now I know. Thanks!

Please share then !! I understand "what " is causing  the issue but I see no logical reason "why ".  

Is it marketing ?  Is it some manipulative tactic ? Is it to keep the help here busy  ? Is it just that the bots that run PM can't take the recent high humidity and are glitching ?So many new customers that the old Simon just can't keep up ?  Surely there is a reason "why" it would be changed .  😀

edited at 12:10 pm   to say there is my confirmation of payment   ... so I assume at 12:10am  tonight I will get the message as to what rewards they applied    to my account  a few minutes ago . 🙄  ... have to remember to silence somehow . 😀

jib_tech

Me too. I was wondering why I was getting pm texts at night. Now I know. Thanks!

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've wondered why I got my most recent one on midnight of the following day. I used to pretty routinely get confirmation of rewards around 9am maybe 10am and the renewal around noon. No idea what's going on but definitely timing and even date issues too at times. This most recent I got my renewal confirmation 24 hours after actual renewal took place

The only still consistent one seems to be payment due in a couple days ones as far as date sent, and those have never been at  odd morning hours

I think we can all agree he is “getting old”

AE_Collector

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

Back in July the two confirmation texts we recieve after renewal (rewards+renewal) suddenly changed to only the renewal text at 9am pt (noon eastern)and the rewards text 12 hours later at 9 pm pt (midnite eastern). Pm is aware of the glitch. Referral texts now come in at 11am pt (2pm eastern) another pattern change to make note of.....

Simple Simon must be getting old ... why else would it take him  12 hours to figure out something  that he used to figure out 3 minutes before the payment notification .  Either that or he has invested in apps and is trying to create a need for same . Either way it is just sad . 😞

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Gary553 

My phone definitely doesn't have that feature. Maybe most higher end phones but not (almost) bargain basement ones like mine🙂

@Korth 

I'm not gonna install an app just to be able to shut up a text message. For me it's not even an issue. I never sleep next to my phone 😎

Korth
Mayor / Maire

There's tons of dialer and messaging apps for Android phones. Some of them (like Signal SMS) provide features like notification grouping/prioritization/scheduling/etc. After midnight, my phone will briefly turn on when a message is received but it won't make any noise or vibrate or whatever - unless the incoming call/msg is on my list of "important" numbers. On the weekend, all contacts and numbers related to "work" are automatically muted, I'm (intentionally) unaware of them unless I happen to look at my phone.

I don't know if similar apps are available for iOS devices.

Gary553

iPhone has the feature, but it is likely on most phones.  Add 611 to you contacts, then click on it and see if there is an edit text tone or something like that.  The iPhone has an option to click "none", as a text tone,  so only the message appears but there is no notification that it has arrived.  You will still see it, just not hear it arriving.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

Another option is to to select special notification sound for 611 (like recorded 1 sec of 'silence') so when notification from 611 arrives you will not hear it.

What phone model has that option? My LG doesn't.

@AE_Collector 

Back in July the two confirmation texts we recieve after renewal (rewards+renewal) suddenly changed to only the renewal text at 9am pt (noon eastern)and the rewards text 12 hours later at 9 pm pt (midnite eastern). Pm is aware of the glitch. Referral texts now come in at 11am pt (2pm eastern) another pattern change to make note of.....

I have always found that all texts from PM seem to be set to not go out until daytime hours. I thought it was about 9AM pacific before anything from them arrives on my phone.

AE_Collector

Gary553

That's the solution.  Add 611 to contacts, then make every text from them silent.  Thanks.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One reminder to put the phone on silence for the renewal night. 

another simple way is what @Meow suggested.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unless you are on support or for whatever reason have to have phone on 24/7, I suggest to either turn it of or lower volume on renewal date.

Another option is to to select special notification sound for 611 (like recorded 1 sec of 'silence') so when notification from 611 arrives you will not hear it.

I assume you receive all renewal/payment notifications from 611 same as myself.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gary553    Yes, the timing they sent is not the best..  No way to unsubscribe the text.  Blocking on the device level is the only way but I don't suggest that.  This could be useful info during Autopay failure.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

No way to stop them that I know. I typically just put my phone on do not disturb automatically from 11 to 7 am. This solution might not work for all .

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Gary553 wrote:

How do you stop receiving texts from Public Mobile advising that the plan has been renewed at hours such as midnight or 6 AM?  I don't want to block the number, but these messages are very annoying when they wake you up for that reason.

@Gary553 

Those messages were sent automatically, so not much can be done about it.

Maybe turn down the volume, put on vibration only ..?

Need Help? Let's chat.