cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile manor changes in May 2020

Jeanette2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know the latest info on the changes that are coming to public mobile in May of this year ?

There was some publicity on Telus making some major changes with public mobile because the system was becoming outdated????

I think the service is great it’s awesome and I’d hate to see the system become like the other big companies😢🤷🏻‍♀️

Any Info would be so appreciated😊

7 REPLIES 7

@Jeanette2   It's not the CBC article that @ShawnC13 has linked in his post is it?  Because that one is 6 years old.

Jeanette2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will find the article again and send to you

it was on CBC.

😊🤷🏻‍♀️

• @Jeanette2 No major changes have been announced for May.  Anyone who would know anything wouldn't be allowed to say.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeanette2 

There may be update to self-serve system after PM collected the feedback from members' experience in using self-serve.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-one-time-1-GB-data-bonus-by-telli...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeanette2 wrote:

Does anyone know the latest info on the changes that are coming to public mobile in May of this year ?

There was some publicity on Telus making some major changes with public mobile because the system was becoming outdated????

I think the service is great it’s awesome and I’d hate to see the system become like the other big companies😢🤷🏻‍♀️

Any Info would be so appreciated😊

@Jeanette2  if you are talking about this article https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/telus-to-shut-public-mobile-s-small-outdated-network-1.2590467 it is from 6 years ago

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jeanette2   I haven't heard anything, hopefully any changes will be make the system better as it is a little dated in many respects :cathappy:

Do you have a link to that article?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jeanette2 there were some changes made here within the community. Could you please post the Telus link that gave you the information about PM? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.