cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Public Mobile is overstating my data use by 10x

Fair? Whats not fair about it. And I don't see how you'd let it bother anyway. As for your case, my guess is that the findings will show that you actually used the data . 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

also, for several weeks the data wasn't even posted on that page, see attached

I have several other screenshots of various error messages from the PM website - EXTREMELY buggy in my experience

Highlighted

Diatribe, by your definition, is a very appropriate description of your post. You attacked public mobile and accused them of being fraudulent. And advised the rest of us to leave. That's more than just stating your case  It was, uh, yeah, a diatribe. 

Highlighted

see attached evidence - you can't make this stuff up

while there may be some difference in how data is calculated between the (highly rated) app i installed vs the server side, there is NO way there should be a discrepancy of 10x - the app is tracking the actual data that is being used by the cell service - just look at the image i posted - look and read and think

in the end, you're not stating any kind of possible technical issue, you're just trying to slience someone that hasn't had the experience you "profess" to have, that things are all peechykeen here at Public Mobile

I began by stating that my wife and I have both had issues EVERY single renewal period - some glitch, or failure to properly reactivate, suspending the actual use of the phone, not to mention the unacceptable delay i had porting my old number (from Telus, no less) to PM when I first signed up

so anyway, your doubtful statement and mischacterizations do not seem honest or transparent, sorry - you're clearly cheerleading, the only reason is why?

i have made note of your username. can you answer honestly if you are a PM employee or from a PR firm..? or maybe just admit that you're someone that at the very least has been exceptionally lucky

this isn't a diatribe - this is an observation: i see now why PM is soooo much cheaper than koodo or Telus - it has nothing to do with the actual network, it's the company itself

very little in the way actual service, buggy software, and inexperienced employees...

maybe you're not an employee or a "shill", and maybe this isn't fraud, but i will not deny my experience with PM

after 20+ years of using cell service i give PM a honest score of 3/10

you might deny the fraudlentand IMHO estimation after using cell phone companies for 20+ years

Public Mobile.jpg

Highlighted
Oracle

@soaringhawk  your image shows your phine number you might want to edit it out.  

out of curiosity

• was your data working when you saw no data usage (as per your screenshot)  that usually means that the data was used up.
  • were you on tle Full LTE or 3g, as you might know there were issues with teh 3G plans not resetting properly.

Highlighted

no the data wasn't working... but considering that all my data suddenly got used up w/o explanation, can you see why i would want to check?  it's not like my account "disappears" - the whole purpose of having this ability to check data use is to access the history - if not, it's bad software otherwise

Highlighted

yeah i am full LTE - thanks for confirming my experience

Highlighted

I do accuse them being fraudulent - after they deny any problem or validate my experience in any way - yes - that is misrepresenting their service, and therefore fraudulent. I didn't just make that claim without providing evidence, which you have not acknowledged.

Highlighted
Oracle

@soaringhawkwrote:

ps - thanks re: private info, i have PM the moderator

just edit your post and remove the image and upload a modified one.   

I can not speak to your specific case, but I  have to say that my personal experience is similar to others here that my data usage on the server and on my phone are typically spot on.  

It would be interesting to know how your data usage goes on the new network that you choose.   

Highlighted

I'm not trying to silence anyone. You can say what you wish. But as a Public Mobile consumer, I can defend the product if I wish.  All I stated is that PM has been great for me, and that I believe the eventual findings of your case will show that you used the data. You've made note of my usernane? Lol, that's funny  Why the heck would anyone care about my username  But fill your boots, doesn't matter to me.

So, it's ok for you to post your experience with Public Mobile. But if I post mine I'm a shill, employee, cheerleader, etc. Interesting.

Need Help? Let's chat.