cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is hiring! Tell your friends!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Community! 

Public is hiring and we're hoping you can help us find a rock star who is as passionate about our brand as all of you are! 

The role is for a Sr. Product Manager, who will own Systems and Innovation. You can read more about it here: Public Mobile, Systems & Innovation

If you, or someone you know would be awesome for the role, please apply online. 

Thanks for your help!

Cat

25 REPLIES 25

baijuxp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Love the innovation going on at Public Mobile.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
This is a great job for our pm community members who wants to help customers.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@30nav, click on the link in the first post on page 1 to read more.

30nav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In which field you need people?

swz5005
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would love to get this job, is it filled  yet?

tjam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh boy!

how exciting!

Jonavin

@mech9t5 the average Sr Product Manager base salry is 96K in Canada according to Pascale, but a lot will depend on your experience/skills and size of company. I know people who make more, but I'm going to assume it's a lot less with PM.

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Civic_E I'm also interested in what it pays...  

Re: unlimited data...  I used to work for telusmobility (long time ago) when they were at consillium.  At that time, I got a free phone, and paid $0 per month for unlimited everything.

Civic_E

what is the pay? does it include at least free unlimited data service while employed?

Karen79
Cool I think I'll send this to my boyfriend

moaidkhimi

Jonavin

Sounds like a really interesting job. It clearly shows that PM is thinking in the right direction. 

srlawren

@SD08 that's probably why @Cat_L posted here--hoping that someone enthusiastic and qualified would see it and apply.  And yes, it would be great indeed!  Maybe someone we know will soon have a "PM" tag beside their name?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

Wouldn't it be great if they ended up hiring someone from the community who has first-hand knowledge of PM's business model as a customer and is familiar with all the issues that we've experienced as well.  Win!  Robot Happy

srlawren

@fathom wrote:
@srlawren
Lol, no I'm just a happy customer 🙂

Glad to hear about the happy part, @fathom!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fathom
@srlawren
Lol, no I'm just a happy customer 🙂

srlawren

@fathom wrote:
I nominate @srlawren 😉

Nice, thanks for the vote of confidence, @fathom!  You don't happen to work in the People Services team at Telus, do you?  If so, I'll be in touch.  😉

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

Shouldnt this thread be in announcments? confused

I was thinking the same thing, @Chaos_Scorpio.  I guess it's not really announcement about PM systems or service or plans or anything, so strictly speaking it's not really an announcement about PM, per se....  You could probably argue either way whether it should live in Discussions or Announcements.

@dohadotahmed wrote:
Hello everyone here, please keep this thread as quiet as possible to get the advantage of this job. Please never tell your friends......just joking.

Too funny, @dohadotahmed!

dohadotahmed
Hello everyone here, please keep this thread as quite as possible to get the advantage of this job. Please never tell your friends......just joking.
Thanks @Cat_L for the post

dearmusic

Are you guys hiring software developers as well?

Honor B.SC. in computer science, graduated from York University 2 years ago, currently working as a database coordinater.

outdoorsaddix

@Cat_L How strict are you guys on the bachelors degree? Some interested parties might have a combination of actual work experience and college that make them just as qualified. Do your application system automatically filter them out or does an actual person review them for potential merit?

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Shouldnt this thread be in announcments? confused

fathom
I nominate @srlawren 😉

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This can only help make a great product better!

srlawren

@Cat_L Oh, now this looks like a fun job!  What a great opportunity for someone to really help shape things to come from PM.  An opportunity to be a voice for the customer and to drive innovation and tidying of processes and issues.  Out of curiosity, is the Toronto location a must?  No opportunity to work out of DT Vancouver or anywhere else Telus has a large office (I'm guessing: Calgary and Montreal in addition to Vancouver and Toronto?).  

@Watoko indeed!  

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  • Drive the product innovation strategy and implementation for Public Mobile, starting with leading the evolution of the web experience Public Mobile provides its customers
  • Lead the continuous improvement of the systems behind Public Mobile, working with the product delivery team to come up with reliable solutions to system defects

I like where this is going Smiley Wink

#newyearnewPM

Need Help? Let's chat.