cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile account deleted but cannot create new one either?

Darkurio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a SIM and am trying to get the 4GB promo before it ends but it seems my PM account I created (at least a year ago) is not there anymore. I'm quite sure I have the right credentials since I wrote them down when creating the account. When I try to go through the 'forgot password' workflow, it says "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

Furthermore when I try to create a new account, it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." when I try to validate my phone number!

So it seems part of my account still exists somewhere but I can't do anything since the other part does not exist. Can someone from PM help me out? Thanks 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

Darkurio

Ok, after doing lots of searching around, I found that the sim activation page allows for account creation without going through the phone validation step that was blocking me mentioned above.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

So I was able to use this to get my SIM and account set up successfully =D

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
You need to get a new sim card and signup as a new activation.

Your phone number is no longer active

Darkurio

The thing is the account registration starts with asking for your phone number, so I haven't been able to get to any step asking for an email address:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Unless there is a different link that can allow bypassing the phone number validation step.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried creating it with a different email address?

Darkurio

I'd love to, but I can't create a new account. As mentioned above:

Furthermore when I try to create a new account, it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." when I try to validate my phone number!

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Once your PM account becomes inactive, PM will close account.

Get a new sim and sign up for a new account.
Need Help? Let's chat.