cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

IMG-3054.PNG

 Got this text today anyone can explain whats all about ??????

14 REPLIES 14

It’s generic.  But am wondering as Telus owns PM is it a generic Telus text, that more than covers what PM would need to do on their own. Ie I am suggesting that in some cases the Telus and PM databases are  combined to keep it simple. I do recall same on my Telus prepaid phone account and just assumed that I also had Telus TV and internet as well, of which I do.  

@fdrcamb519 

To date since joining I have recieved them on August 20th 2019, November22nd 2019, February 21st 2020 and a little out of sequence June 5th 2020. I don't remember ever getting one with telus, fido or freedom but they were also all post paid plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't all providers send this out? Aren't they all required to?

Is this really news?

@Anonymous respectively: I believe so, though it would seem the last one I received was in Dec 2017, prior to moving from PM to Koodo early the following spring; I thought so, but maybe it only is required for pre-paid plan types?; and no--not at all.

@srlawren 

I get them on a couple accounts every 2-4 months. Have done since I started here 2 years ago.

Admittedly, I don't recall getting them back in Telus days before I got here. And one of my phones still has items from before I got here. So I'm a packrat...what'r'y'gonna do 🙂

Maybe it was more recent that this notice had to be sent out. And the earlier 2018 ones didn't have French (to an English account).

I posted because I had imagined that surely everybody gets them from all providers these days.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this really news?

@Anonymous respectively: I believe so, though it would seem the last one I received was in Dec 2017, prior to moving from PM to Koodo early the following spring; I thought so, but maybe it only is required for pre-paid plan types?; and no--not at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this really news?

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When I received it I only saw the first couple of lines on my pop-up. For a split second there I was wondering what I did wrong that there was a complaint. 😁

@jedjammer Moderartors cannot do anything about this message. Public Mobile sends this text message out to all customers. Your only options are to ignore or block the message using your device's text messaging settings.

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, i have sent a request from mods on this as two of my family also received this

@RossN wrote:

Public Mobile TV starring....@computergeek541 🤣 😂

Oh no...another rerun !!  😎

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a regulatory requirement I believe.  Sort of a know your rights thing.

Public Mobile TV starring....@computergeek541 🤣 😂

lemonkitkat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow! I never received that text from my previous provider.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

IMG-3054.PNG

 Got this text today anyone can explain whats all about ??????

@fdrcamb519  That is a standard text that is sent out every few months to all customers and is a requirement by regulations.

That is a standard text message that gets sent out to customers. Public Mobile doesn't offer tv services. They are considered a telecom provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.