cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Plans

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi just curious what is everyone's plan and why?

Anything you like and do not like aboit the PM plans?

Just asking cause I am so new to Public Mobile.

15 REPLIES 15

elhota

I'm on the $15 plan. I recently switched from Virgin $29/month plan (after they increased my rate to $34/mth).  First impression-  I was shocked at how fast the minutes usage accumulated.  After the first week I already used up 34 min.  With Virgin I had 200 min/mth plus unlimited usage after 5 pm and weekends. With the $15/mth plan I have to be really stingy with my phone usage and constantly monitor usage, and also screen my calls and keep my calls short.  Of course, I can do the $8 addon for 200 min but I would like to avoid having to do that.

Harjind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@Harjind wrote:

Thanks for the knowledge. However, when I look at the plan details, it says it includes unlimited messaging. Doesn’t that include number of outgoing texts? Thanks in advance.

@Harjind you are 100% correct and I apologize for the misleading information!  It's too late to call that an April Fools joke, right?  Oops.  I'll edit my post now.  Sorry again and Happy Monday to you.

Great thank you! Happy Monday to you too.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Harjind wrote:

Thanks for the knowledge. However, when I look at the plan details, it says it includes unlimited messaging. Doesn’t that include number of outgoing texts? Thanks in advance.

@Harjind you are 100% correct and I apologize for the misleading information!  It's too late to call that an April Fools joke, right?  Oops.  I'll edit my post now.  Sorry again and Happy Monday to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Harjind

@srlawren wrote:

@Harjind wrote:

@Tiprix I’m actually on the $25 plan but am changing it for next month to the $15 plan as I find I barely use minutes. Just curious, other than the limited calling, were there any other downsides to that plan or anything to be aware of?

@Harjind you will also be limited to 100 outgoing text messages, though incoming text message remain unlimited. Sent messages longer than 160 characters will be broken into multiple messages, each counting against your 100 limit.  There is no ability to purchase more text messages if you run out during your 30 days (there are no add-ons for texting within Canada).

@srlawren 

srlawren

@Harjind wrote:

@Tiprix I’m actually on the $25 plan but am changing it for next month to the $15 plan as I find I barely use minutes. Just curious, other than the limited calling, were there any other downsides to that plan or anything to be aware of?

@Harjind you will also be limited to 100 outgoing text messages, though incoming text message remain unlimited. Sent messages longer than 160 characters will be broken into multiple messages, each counting against your 100 limit.  There is no ability to purchase more text messages if you run out during your 30 days (there are no add-ons for texting within Canada).

EDIT: nope, please disregard literally everything I said.  Apparently I didn't have enough coffee this morning!!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_R 

Please be aware that I was observing ...not judging. I'm sitting here refreshing the page and I see a thread and read it and wonder if I'm interested in posting to it. I see another thread and oh it's the same person. I wonder the same thing. I see another thread from the same person again and I wonder the same thing. Sometimes I might be interested in posting, sometimes not. You just had several threads all of a sudden and I observed that and maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

Cheers

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It really depends how much you talk per month. I am not calling a lot, so I choose $10 and data add on. After I used up my data, I may switch to $15. The good thing about PM is no extra cost and rewards. The bad thing about PM is you cannot received text message when you travelling outside of canada. Before I am with other provider, I can receive the text message/incoming call when I am travelling.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Harjind wrote:

@Tiprix wrote:

Well... Whether it is to up their count or not, I think it's still an interesting topic.  To bad, a survey can't be added to this poll to look at the stats afterwards.

I'm on the new $25 plan with unlimited Canada Call.  I had the $15 plan, similar stats with another provider, but I'm happy I'm no longer restricted by minutes.

@Harjind I would say the only difference is the minutes and the data.  As long as you don't call much, it's a great plan.  When it comes to the data, I would say check your stats and see how much you use, and if there's enough data for you.  The great thing about PM is that you can easily switch back if you like the previous plan after your test period.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

New to here.. just started the $25 3g plan with unlimited talk.

was on Koodo with a $25 talk plan.. no data.. mainly moving here for it's unlimited talk.. of course.. the 1Gb data is certainly an upgrade.

Harjind

@Tiprix wrote:

Well... Whether it is to up their count or not, I think it's still an interesting topic.  To bad, a survey can't be added to this poll to look at the stats afterwards.

I'm on the new $25 plan with unlimited Canada Call.  I had the $15 plan, similar stats with another provider, but I'm happy I'm no longer restricted by minutes.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Patrick_R

Funny how all 3 of you made negative comments about posts.

I made the points when I had the time and with the intent of engaging other users in positive thought and solutions not as a end of month frenzy as some of you posted.

Please do not be so quick to jump to conclusions defeats the purpose of a community that is to engage in ideas in discission to help and engage eachother.

Patrick_R

Sorry you took a negative approach from the start I asked out of imterest not a thread count..

I am on the 50 a mth plan.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@Patrick_R wrote:

Jeez. You're on a thread frenzy tonight.

@Anonymous guessing this is because it's the last day of the month....

@Patrick_R this feels like a thinly-veiled attempt to up your post count.  If it isn't then I apologize.  But if you really want to spur a conversation, why not lead by example and tell us what plan you're on and what you like and don't like about it so far?   Or if you're sincerely looking for suggestions for a plan to better suit your needs (as you kind of maybe implied if one of your other threads today was sincere when you asked if there would be an automated plan suggester--again, feels like a thread count thing but maybe it was sincere?)... then why don't you tell us your needs and budget and why you don't like your current plan and maybe we can give you some educated suggestions tailored toward your needs?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_R wrote:

Jeez. You're on a thread frenzy tonight.

$10

Cheap. Free with rewards. Seems chintzy to not have unlimited texting. It costs practically nothing to provide.

They really oughta have a texting add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.