cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Doesn't Care About Customers

maggie_anne1987
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am absolutely furious with Public Mobile. I ordered a new phone beginning of June received it in 2 day. My new phone ordered from their 3rd party site they sell phones from and my SIM was too big so I ordered a new one June 7th.. it is now JULY 14th and I should have received it in 7 business days according to PM. So after about 2 weeks I call and they claim it's sent but said they would send me a new one via Purolator because the problem may be with Canada post so fine I get it the strike or whatever. Now 2 and a half more weeks later and still nothing in the mail!! I'm receiving all other mail so wtf!! I call now furious wanting to speak to a Supervisor or Manager and they tell me they don't have any and all they can do is place the order again. This is the 4th supposed time they sent me a SIM.. There is no way that if they sent me over a month ago I still would not have it. They probably didn't send it at all! They are treating me like I mean nothing as a customer and I'm suppose to be patient and wait over a month and half for something I should have got with my new phone if they knew it wouldn't work. Plus I live less than 2 hours from where they sent it from. I've been a PM customer for 4 years and I am seriously about to cancel all my PM family phones and just go buy new SIM cards from another phone company. Worst customer service ever. I should have had the SIM within 7 business days!! All the staff I spoke to just said it will come tomorrow and I can't do anything. Worst staff and customer service I ever had!!! Where is my SIM!!!! We will see if this one actually comes and if not I'm done calling and ordering with your horrid customer service!!
15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dboxtvinfo you do realize that @daredogg is asking about a situation that was a few months ago, right?  I would think @maggie_anne1987 has either long ago given up, or it was resolved successfully.  Hopefully the latter.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Patience is a virtue.

dboxtvinfo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Do not give up. The system works, it requires patience.

@maggie_anne1987 what was the outcome of this situation? Was PM able to resolve your issue and get a SIM card in your hands?  In my brief experience with PM, it seems the Community is the best place to get help!

Sorry everyone for resurrecting an old thread, but I hope PM was able to help this customer. Robot Frustrated

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

icic... emmm that's troublesome 😞 

maggie_anne1987
Yeah, I have the old SIM card and they didn't send me the new one with my new phone.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @homer, she mentioned that she had been a PM customer for 4 years, so presumably her sim is from before PM switched to the tri-sim. 

homer

That's what I thought... How could a sim be too big? I thought PM sim cards are all triple-sized... 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @maggie_anne1987!

While you wait, did you consider the option of cutting your existing sim card to the right size to fit your new phone?  There are templates available online to cut to micro or nano size.  Also, you can walk into any local cellphone shop near your home and most of them cut the sim card for free, some charge a very small fee.  

If you bought your new phone from Orchard, they should have shipped a 3 in 1 sim card where you can punch out the right size for your phone using your bare hands.  

I am sure its frustrating to experience such a long delay.

Most of us here on the PM community are newish customers and we have zero experience with the old 611 access to customer service call center.  However, I can vouch for the PM staff online .. they're usually great.  

Its great that  @Jeremy_M himself is personally looking into this.  I hope you will be a happy PM customer again soon.    

Just sent you a private message 🙂

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

maggie_anne1987
Hey Jeremy, I ordered it over the phone with a PM agent in beginning of June. And they re ordered it again weeks later via over the phone as well.. received an email beginning of June it was sent and said 7 days.. been over a month now

Hey @maggie_anne1987,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the negative experience you had with us. Let me escalate this for you and make sure you get your SIM as soon as possible.

You posted that you called the call center, are you on a grandfathered plan? Which method have you used to order your SIM card?

Will make this right!

Jeremy

PBForMe

Honestly if you really waited a month for a sim and it didn't show up, I'd just use a new address like a friend or something and order a new one.

Must be some kind of glitch in the system if you've waited that long and gotten nothing. 

I understand how frustrating it is when issues fall through the cracks, it really does suck but hopefully the PM mods will get it sorted. 

I have no experience with the "horrible" phone staff but the PM mods here have always been extremely helpful and respectful from what I've seen. 

maggie_anne1987
Well everyone I spoke to on the phone was horrible and just said wait. I can understand it may take more than 7 days but a month and a half come on. But thank you

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Very sorry about your frustration. It is really weird that you did not get new SIM in weeks. But PM support is not bad at all. They always take any problem as a priority. 

Let me tag PM staff members, so they can look up your sim order @Shazia_K @Kalla_A@Mary_M

I am sure they will assist you with your problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.