cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Community website quirks

Korth
Mayor / Maire

A trivial detail which has sort of bothered me a little for months ... whenever I visit the Public Mobile wesbite, I am directed to EN/ON instead of EN/BC.

Doesn't matter if I visit Public Mobile through google or by typing "publicmobile.ca" in the address bar or by clicking a Favourite or Bookmark.  Doesn't matter if I clear cookies and caches and histories or not.  Doesn't matter which of my computers, operating systems, or browsers I run (and whether they are custom reconfigured or plain-vanilla-out-of-the-box).

Now I realize that Public Mobile (along with half of everything else Canadian) is primarily based in Ontario.  And I'm sure that (aside from some lousy hockey teams) Ontario is a nice enough place to live and all that.

However, Ontario is not British Columbia, and I'm distinctly proud that I live in British Columbia!  More to the point, I'd prefer to see things (like community chit-chat, special deals, whatever) which are specific to my local region, not foreign stuff of interest to people far away.  (Such regional distinctions apparently haven't had much significance on the PM sites so far - yet it's always good to stay on top of such details and miss nothing new, no?)

Not trying to be difficult, but please advise me how to fix this issue, lol.

4 REPLIES 4

bryanbreguet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It really should be so easy for them to locate you anyway. I guess we should maybe be happy PM is not tracking us down? lol

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately the only way to resolve this issue is to move to Ontario, but don't worry you'll feel better here!

9 trackers on this website?  Including two paid advertisers and a collection of datamining components?

Aw.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm, since I'm from Ontario, I didn't notice the issue since I'd want to be directed to EN/ON. I wonder if the issue is on PM's side, that their cookie isn't working properly. It could be a simple fix, but maybe they weren't aware of it?

You've reminded me of an issue I had on Roger's website as they're my ISP. I'm foggy on the details, as it was awhile ago, but I remember I kept being redirected to the wrong place. Somehow I had a setting somewhere turned on to block the cookies from them. I forget what I did to resolve the issue, but I haven't had any issues since.

Need Help? Let's chat.