cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile App

dighilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HOW MANY OF YOU SUPPORT THE IDEA OF A PUBLIC MOBILE APPLICATION ?
Please interact with this post to promote the idea of building an App. Making user experience more personal and easy. 

19 REPLIES 19

I agree with those that want improvements on the self serve site vs an APP. 

I would suggest a thread of repairs that need to be done and some additions. Make it the BEST self serve website......reason.... no option of person to person phone conversation and allow best service 24/7.  

What needs to be done. Keep in mind there seemed to be no issues in upgrading the site with the new plans. 

Improve speed 

Fix all poorly worded script to be understandable with no holes in what is being said. 

Initial start date should show. 

Option to change email and PIN number. 

I do NOT suggest to be able to manage multiple accounts on one email address login. 

Make sure script in two places or more read the same. Avoid contradicting yourself AND ask why does in need to appear more than once. 

Add ons should be dated with purchase date and expiry date when exhausted

Add ons that have expired should be held in a history field

Add ons should also show price paid or as a free promotion (in house PM horn tooting allowed)

Referrals should show start date (no text notification is ok), status as (A)ctive, (S)uspended or (C)ancelled all dated. And cancelled referrals should be held in a history field. 

Referrals should have a nickname option. 

Referrals should have an indication of a new number assigned and date of change. 

That is just a few of my ideas. 

@darlicious @AE_Collector 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

@farmbot  good catch. I completely forgot they were thinking of changing the name CSA for short not the best not the worst. I would have preferred CSR (representative) it's more of a acronym.

I like CSR which is wildly used acronym.

mimmo

@farmbot  good catch. I completely forgot they were thinking of changing the name CSA for short not the best not the worst. I would have preferred CSR (representative) it's more commonly used acronym.

farmbot
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

farmbot_0-1614621534388.png

We now know the new moniker for the community "moderators"

customer support agents

Mucho better and clear

Cool

mimmo

@Anonymous   those were 2 of the about 20 questions.

to your point about submitting tickets I agree but what about people who manage other peoples accounts,  I find an app might be more troublesome when attempting to submit a ticket.  I wish that they woudl simply remove the tickets from SIMon or have a direct form one could click to.  or for that matter why not allow people to submit tickets directly from selfserve.  unless of course you are unable to login, or dont have an account setup, (same issues for the app i guess).  whatever route they go a backup method will always be necessary.

one of the questions was getting rid of selfserve completly and only having  access via the app.  

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@dighilc   you will be happy to know I just received a survey from PM  the topic was a PM app.

Who knows what the results will be or how long it might take them to implement..  some sample questions.  

Screenshot (10).pngScreenshot (17).png

Woah ! I sure hope this happens. PM needs an app. Cmon, its online only service and it dosent even have its own app. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again, I don't do demographic questions.

From your (mimmo) image, the thought of an easier way to submit tickets would be useful. They would have everything about you by way of the connected device. No need for all the verification other than logging in. I otherwise agree that the self-serve should be more mobile friendly but not necessarily needing a whole app.

mimmo

@softech   honestly I am surprised as well,  truthfully I would simply prefer  a mobile friendly selfserve,  imho that could do all the things an app could.  

@mimmo interesting.. honest, I am really surprise that they are even consider to bring this back.. given that Koodo had one but they removed it back in 2017.  Yes, I was with Koodo back than and I was upset they took it away

Let's hope they are really bringing it back..

mimmo

@dighilc   you will be happy to know I just received a survey from PM  the topic was a PM app.

Who knows what the results will be or how long it might take them to implement..  some sample questions.  

Screenshot (10).pngScreenshot (17).png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Doubt this will ever happen.

Koodo used to have an app, then they retired it couple years ago, I think 2017

unless we see Koodo app make a come back, i doubt we will see this for PM.. 

srlawren

@dighilc while you're waiting (presumably: a long, long time) for an app from PM, here's a partial workaround you may want to consider (assuming you're an Android user):

Appify Self-serve and/or Community sites

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dighilc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that instead of putting that time and effort in making the website better and then creating an app, if we put that time and effort right now in creating the app it would create a much greater user interface. More customers and easier community interaction too.

Everything has an app now from light bulbs to cars...

Its high time to get on the wave of technology or be left behind.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I would, @dighilc 

But only if the costs of developing and maintaining such an app pays for itself by increasing numbers of new activations and customers with public mobile, thus keeping costs unaffected to existing customers. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dighilc wrote:

Please interact with this post to promote the idea of building an App. Making user experience more personal and easy. 

I don't think it makes it more personal or easy. The trend is to take these apps away because they were only account management apps. A browser bookmark with the password saved and kept logged in is almost the same thing. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dighilc wrote:

@dighilc - I liked the Koodo app (back in the day, when they had it). It was convenient and informative.

So although I think an app would be "nice to have" option, I also agree with the others who posted so far.

Spend resources and money on improving things we KNOW that needs improving, rather than spreading everything way too thin and making things worse.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It costs, better use resources for fixing bugs and towards having smoother selfserve instead. Also i try to have less apps not more. Browser is fine when it's not slow and heavy, link to selfserve on homepage can get you there quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would prefer not to pay for it in the rates. I would vote for improving mobile browser access to the self-serve though. But not a whole app. As it is, one has to zoom in to "click" on things.

mimmo

@dighilc   its been talked about many times.  while possible.  I would rather see improvements to selfserve, and fixing all the other glitches before this happens.

koodo also used to have an app,  but they got rid of it because they found their selfserve was just as good.  hopefully the new selfserve that PM is/should be working on is mobile friendly which i think would solve the need for an app.

Need Help? Let's chat.