cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province-Wide Calling

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So I live in Ontario and I may change to a Province-Wide plan in the future, considering I have only left Ontario once in my lifetime and visited Montreal. But I will not right now because the canada-wide plans are the same price so the province-wide plans are not worth it. 

1. If I for example switch to a Province-wide only plan. Will that affect texting and data? 

2. Also I still have my free 500mins international add-on from Christmas. If I go out of the province to Quebec for example, will I be able to use my 500mins add on in Quebec to call others in Canada. Or is that not possible, thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Natstahl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes it will be possible 

Asher2

@will13am UPDATE:

I have decided NOT to move on and get the $25 plan.

Before you say anything, the reason I have chose not to is I do not need the extra data nor do I need unlimited calling. BUT I previously did say that 100mins of calling may not be enough in the near future. So I have found a solution, I will most likely buy 2 of the $5 500mins Canada wide add-on and split the mins into 4 months. That means I will be getting about 350minutes (included plan) each month. This will save me about $30 every four months. I know that it doesn’t really do much but I believe that every single penny counts.

@Asher2 wrote:

Hmm. I might give a week or less to decide wether I should change plans, hopefully the limited time offer isn’t gone by then which im pretty sure it won’t.

I can give you additional information on how a province wide calling plan works so that in the event when you are ready to switch plans and the price for the Canada wide calling plan has gone up in price, you can make an informed decision on plan selection.  The province wide calling is based on the province that in which the call originates.  So if you visit QC and make a call while in QC, the province wide calling covers all calls within QC.  Incoming calls are included no matter where the call originates.  While it might sound like a huge loss, province wide calling may not be so impactful.  The $5 price differential pays for 500 long distance minutes which is likely to more than make up for the loss of Canada wide calling.  My legacy plan is province wide calling only.  I consume minutes calling out of province.  I do this so infrequently that 500 minutes can last months and months.  

@Asher2...

consider getting the free voip app TextNow. You can text and make calls to Cdn or US numbers for free as long as you have a wifi signal.

If you were in Ypsilanti MI, you can call a number in Yahk BC for free as long as you're connected to wifi. Seems like wifi is in most cafes, resorts, hotels, library's...most Walmart in North America have free wifi for your use.

It's a free app, so handy to have even if you rarely need it.

Asher2

Hmm. I might give a week or less to decide wether I should change plans, hopefully the limited time offer isn’t gone by then which im pretty sure it won’t.

@hTideGnow wrote:
@Asher2 wrote:

I may have to consider changing to a provincial only plan in the future. As the plan I have now, the old $13 (autopay included) with 100mins of calling may not be sufficient enough anymore in the future.

I think you can still change to the Canada wide Calling plans for now..   PM is "NICE" enough now to offer us $5 off for a limited time only

I should thanks PM as this PRICE INCREASE (NOT price drop) is  a result of our commitment to give you more options on features and provide savings to help you   😞

That sounds so much the opposite of what's really happening that I can't help but bring up Bell charging a higher system access fee than anyone else but printing probably thousands of brochures that a higher fee was "one more reason to choose Bell!". 

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Asher2 wrote:

I may have to consider changing to a provincial only plan in the future. As the plan I have now, the old $13 (autopay included) with 100mins of calling may not be sufficient enough anymore in the future.

@Asher2 

I would recommend changing plans sooner than later as the plans everyone had as of yesterday are still available to be attained through a Plan Change option on Self-Serve, within a Limited Time Only offer.

See the announcement section for details.

I, too, am considering such a change to the $25 plan with Canada-wide for an account I help to manage.  I'm just trying to figure out whether it has to be done on a more immediate basis or of it can be done on next renewal and still get it.

@HALIMACS   Your price/plan will be locked in for any scheduled plan change, even if those plans are no longer offered at the time of the renewal.    I have scheduled a renewal, in the past, for the old $10 plan which was discontinued before the renewal took effect and it was honoured.  So you should be safe.

@Asher2    I'd agree with others that you should lock in your plan change now (change at next renewal option) whilst the "so called sale price" is in effect for Canada wide plans. 

@Asher2 wrote:

@Asher2 

I would recommend changing plans sooner than later as the plans everyone had as of yesterday are still available to be attained through a Plan Change option on Self-Serve, within a Limited Time Only offer.

See the announcement section for details.

I, too, am considering such a change to the $25 plan with Canada-wide for an account I help to manage.  I'm just trying to figure out whether it has to be done on a more immediate basis or of it can be done on next renewal and still get it.

@Asher2 wrote:

I think you can still change to the Canada wide Calling plans for now..   PM is "NICE" enough now to offer us $5 off for a limited time only

I should thanks PM as this PRICE INCREASE (NOT price drop) is  a result of our commitment to give you more options on features and provide savings to help you   😞

Asher2

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Asher2 wrote:

So I live in Ontario and I may change to a Province-Wide plan in the future, considering I have only left Ontario once in my lifetime and visited Montreal. But I will not right now because the canada-wide plans are the same price so the province-wide plans are not worth it. 

1. If I for example switch to a Province-wide only plan. Will that affect texting and data? 

2. Also I still have my free 500mins international add-on from Christmas. If I go out of the province to Quebec for example, will I be able to use my 500mins add on in Quebec to call others in Canada. Or is that not possible, thanks!

@Asher2 

Please, if you're on a plan which now INCLUDES Canada-wide calling, do not consider changing to a plan which takes that option away.

Your existing plan will be grandfathered, meaning it'll remain with Canada-wide calling (presuming you're on one of the in-market plans available up until yesterday)

If you change plans to a Provincial-calling plan, you'll lose your Canada-wide calling and have to pay $5.00/month MORE to get what you have now.

This change might have made sense if Public Mobile were offering to make Provincial calling only plans CHEAPER, but they've done the opposite and made their current plans MORE EXPENSIVE.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 wrote:

1. If I for example switch to a Province-wide only plan. Will that affect texting and data? ...Nope

2. Also I still have my free 500mins international add-on from Christmas. If I go out of the province to Quebec for example, will I be able to use my 500mins add on in Quebec to call others in Canada. Or is that not possible, thanks!...Yes...(edit)and currently, you can still get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for only $5.

Need Help? Let's chat.