cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promos

Rache115
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey. Is there anyway to upgrade to the plans being offered now? The data packages are bigger for the same cost. How do I do this? Thanks in advance 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

You can always setup a new plan for you next renewal date just like that:

1-Log in at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/.
2-On the Overview, click Change Plan.
3-Select a Day Pass and plan options for each type of usage. 
4-Submit the order effective immediately OR ***at the start of your next billing cycle date***

-Public Mobile Team

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for the heads up @mcs11

I just did the same thing. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have noticed that right now they are offering just a little bit more, for the same price as my new plan. Too bad I just missed it with my renewal date being a couple of days ago.

I haven't gone over my limits so it should be fine.

As for switching plans, like someone mentioned, you could always ask, usually if it's closer to when the plan was renewed. They may be more likely to change it for you, but other than that it would be a bit of a hassle. Changing your plan for the next renewal date is the most common method to lock in a promotion.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rache115 wrote:

Hey. Is there anyway to upgrade to the plans being offered now? The data packages are bigger for the same cost. How do I do this? Thanks in advance 🙂 

You can select the plan you want and hit "change at next renewal"

If you wanted to switch plans mid cycle, you forfeit the rest of the time on your current cycle by "change plan now"

@Rache115 I followed the steps that @RobertQc listed above and I'm set for my next plan renewal in a week. Happy to get more data at the same price.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rache115 wrote:

Self Serve Change Plan button. You can choose immediate (which forfeits your current paid amount) or future change at your next renewal.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rache115 wrote:

You can select the plan you want and hit "change at next renewal"

If you wanted to switch plans mid cycle, you forfeit the rest of the time on your current cycle by "change plan now"

If you are looking for the moderator team to "pro-rate" your existing plan, and give you a certain amount of money off switching that is pretty complicated and not a service they usually offer. You could try asking them but it would kind of be a HUGE pain in the butt .

I say, just "lock in" and future date ("Change at next renewal") on whatever good plan you want. Let's be honest, you selected your current plan as it was enough for you. Now you just want to have extra free data for the same price (nothing wrong with that. Of course I would too), so if you have to wait till your next renewal you should still have enough on your current plan- unless your needs have changed?

Need Help? Let's chat.