cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

At the same time, I had an issue with my Lucky mobile and it took me less than 5 minutes of a phone call. it was really enjoyable after an experience of 14 days waiting time with PM.
pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Based on a conversation in another thread that started here, I thought I would include the following additional info, just to demonstrate that it does not matter what type of phone or configuration you have (assuming the default set by the SIM).

I can guarantee you that there is NOTHING you can do to fix this problem. I have 9 plans, multiple phones, including iPhone, LG, Alcatel... ALL behave the same way. One phone does not even have a place to define PM texting # for SMS or service centre # ... but it used to work with PM and does work will all other carriers but stopped working with PM ONLY (to send; still can receive)... Tracing the logs it stopped working at least around March, maybe even sooner.

Texting is ONLY a problem via PM and NO ONE else. I have plans with PM, Telus & Virgin. Problem is isolated to communication with PM. Period.

This is a problem that ONLY PM needs to address and fix!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Additional info I notice:

Any failed SMS outbound does NOT show up in the usage log and the count of used text does not change. 

Inbound SMS text messages do show up in the usage log.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

For anyone else following this thread, my problem seems to have been solved, based on preliminary testing...

Of course, this came at the high cost of moderators failing to understand the problem, then not following through on helping to resolve this issue and performing adequate testing, and many fumblings and dropping the ball that just dragged this out for weeks...

So what was required to fix this? Nothing on my part.

In my case, it turned out to be a 2-part fix:

- the first part required PM to perform some kind of resetting... unsure if this was account specific or soemthing more global, as I have 9 plans and all were having the same problem of not being able to send texts to either to other PM phones or also specifically to Telus phones, even though sending and receiving to NON-PM and NON-TELUS phones worked fine.

- the second part required Telus to adjust some settings on one specific phone.

Only 3 PM and one Telus phone where retested but it appears that text communication is working between at least the test phones works fine again, so far. Based on this, I suspect there will not be any issues with our other PM phones too. I will report back after I have had a chance to properly test all the remaining 6 lines (this will take some time).

Note that in NO case was it necessary to power-cycle phones, reset or pull our SIMS, use the Lost/Stolen feature, etc. Even the Telus rep confirmed that this type of problem cannot be resolved from my end but can only be addressed through adjustments in settings from their end.

So to any others still experiencing problems, be persistent with PM and do not let them drop the ball Also consider dealing with carriers of any non-PM phones to see if any adjustments are needed on that end too.

HTH.

Dunkman
Oracle

Wow, I wonder how widespread this texting issue is....  Most of our family phones are with PM and we can text each other with no problems, but we use iMessage....   

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

Wow, I wonder how widespread this texting issue is....  Most of our family phones are with PM and we can text each other with no problems, but we use iMessage....   

A number of people have been here with this issue. But I have the $10 plan and the original $15 plan and they have texted fine between them and to another Telus recipient all this time. As I suspect the substantial number of people that never showed up here do too.

But it sucks when something of a service you're paying for doesn't work.

Macgurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A lot depends on what your plan. If you have unlimited text then there will not be a problem. But if you have a limited plan, then for sure there will be a problem.

Macgurl

A lot depends on your plan. I Have not had any problems as my plan covers unlimited talk and text. My friend had to change her plan to a higher plan as her original plan allowed only certain # of text messages that could be send. Now she does not have any problem.

Jbrunnen

Got a small plan for my son for Christmas, but the texting has been totally unreliable. Similar to what others have mentioned, texts to and from my number (TELUS) seem to be the worst effected. We don't always get failure notifications, which makes the situation even more frustrating. I'll send a text saying 'meet me here' and he won't receive it. What good is a primarily texting plan when you can't rely on the texts? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jbrunnen  Hopefully your sons texting issues is a simpler problem to fix....an issue with connectivity of the phone. Rebooting can often fix it. Next turn airplane mode on for 5 min. Then turn it off. Try texting again. If you continue to experience this issue on a regular basis then you will need a moderator to look into the account and see why the problem persists. You can choose to do this now and get it taken care of once and for all.

To send a service request click on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep and choose account related issue and follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

Need Help? Let's chat.