cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems transferring number

madhatted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to get back my old number I had with Koodo onto my now active PM account.

When I go to phone number change it wants me to enter an alternative phone, which im not sure what they mean, I've tried my new and old number, and even an alternative i might have put down for my koodo phone but every time it says "I must be authorized to transfer this phone number"

My koodo plan is still active as i just switched today so Im not sure why its not working.

4 REPLIES 4

Alrernate number is just a where Public can phone you if there is a problem.  It doesn't have anything other than that for porting.

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

alternate number has to be your phone number you are porting now. that is why i understand. if you put same phone number you are porting it will cause problems for you to port number it will take muchh longer time to make your phone work. you would need to contact one of moderator for help privately if you encout activation problem. 

Taco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just transfered mine a few minutes ago from Koodo.  I had the same issue.  I typed in my existing Koodo number into the alternative Number text box.  I also needed my account number and the activation name.  When it said said "I must be authorized..." I clicked on the button near the top (I can't remember exactly what it said but I had to click it before I could put my Koodo information in)  and the "I must be authorized..." message disappeard.  After that I click transfer number again and it worked.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

See oif any of this helps:

"Do nots” for Koodo port

- do not use the same email address for Koodo and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.