cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Receiving Incoming Calls

moorescaitlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I've been a PM user since 2018 and just in the last 24 hours or so starting not receiving phone calls consistently. They go straight to voicemail and I do not receive incoming call notifications. 

I've tried pulling my SIM card, doing a hard reset, toggling off airplane mode, making sure DND is off...nothing seems to work! I do receive calls after troubleshooting but after 10 minutes or so I go back to not receiving calls again. Texting incoming and outgoing and all other functions of my plan/phone are working from what I can tell. 

Submitted a ticket to moderators but thought I would see if anyone had any other ideas?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Arachnophiliac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Indeed, I can see that there have been outages, though no indication of cause.  Sure enough though, they appear to be intermittent.

@moorescaitlin @Arachnophiliac check your area if there are service problems from other users on the telus/bell network

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@moorescaitlin  There might be network issues in you area (Telus/Bell) tower. Give it a day and if the problem persists then PM should reset your account to see if it fixes the issue.

moorescaitlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now that you mention it, I believe I received the same error on a message that I had sent about two/three days ago as well! But after trying to hit resent and restarting my phone it fixed the issue. I haven't had any problems sending or receiving messages since.

I tried the above suggestions from other users and reset my network. I also had a MOD reach out and they reset my line but it hasn't fixed it yet! It seems to fix the problems temporarily but not permanently as time goes on it seems to revert back.

Arachnophiliac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also having similar problems.  Two days I noticed the error message "Unable to send, the message will be sent when the service becomes available" when sending texts and calls going to voicemail as well as being unable to make outgoing calls.  I considered the possibility that it might be the phone, but the problem is erratic and inconsistent as sometimes everything works fine and others it just doesn't.  Error messages on texts disappeared by yesterday, but calls are still being redirected (sometimes) and when I attempt to call out, phone will hang up before ringing (also sometimes).

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@moorescaitlin  try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@moorescaitlin 

Maybe try a network reset if not already tried.

You could try your SIM card in another working phone. This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

Need Help? Let's chat.