cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my picture texting

rakbeuman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello, I got a new phone, well its from 2009 but its new, its a Nokia n86...I got tired of smart phones so I decided to go old school...the only problem I have is that I can't send picture texts when I was able to on my smart phone , and whenever I called for technical help it seems like they didn't understand because they all told me to do the same thing change the apn stuff , but its different than a smart phone so im not sure what to do, does anybody know of a solution? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Charanth182
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@chukdefatey

By your own logic then PM should provide zero support for ANY phone as they do not sell them. 😉

I agree that providing support for every phone that ever existed is an impossible task. My comment was more regarding either having the info you provide ignored (eg. "i'm using a flip phone" being responded to as "here are the steps for a smart phone") or giving out erroneous info (the whole MMS & data thing). I think this boils down to that we are all guilty of not being able/willing to say "I don't know".

Some point I hope PM is large enough that this community will have the info for us non-smart phone users but at the moment this isn't the case.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^FYI: No Company whether it be PublicMobile or where you pay big bucks Provide support for Handsets that are not purchased through your Cell Phone Provider. Think about it how can they provide support for millions of phones out there

Charanth182
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rakbeuman wrote:
Hello, I got a new phone, well its from 2009 but its new, its aNokian86...I got tired of smart phones so I decided to go old school...the only problem I have is that I can't send picture texts when I was able to on my smart phone , and whenever I called for technical help it seems like they didn't understand because they all told me to do the same thing change theapn stuff , but its different than a smart phone soim not sure what to do, does anybody know of a solution? Thanks

Hi @rakbeuman

Picture messaging on a non-smart phone is a little tricky to get set up and at the moment there isn't a lot of good resources on this forum. I've been half successful with my LG and i put the steps i did here. You may find them helpful or the Nokia might be too different to be of help.

Also i found some service manual links here. I haven't gone through them but maybe they can provide you with some insight.

I found PM's tech support to be not very helpful with it either as they respond similar to @makkahn28's first post assuming its a smart phone. To explain @makkahn28's second post a few of us were at one point or another wrongly led to believe you needed data to do MMS and that is simply not true.

Hopefully some of that helps, if you figure it out please let us (and me) know what you did!

MMS requires APN settings to be set to correct Carrier info, since MMS needs Data for the Picture Texting. Regular Texting does NOT require APN settings

Also, MMS does NOT USE Regular Data, its Included in Rate Plan if You Have Text Plan

Also, PM's New Text Plan(s) have No Global Text YET. That Might Change

Currently, New Text Plan is Canada-Wide ONLY

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. The reason being is more likely that your Handset's APN (Access Point Name) settings needs to be Set. What is your Handset Model, and OS? Android? WINDOWS? Apple? BB?

Need Help? Let's chat.