cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with call in and out

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today my phone can’t call out some of phone numbers ( I can call my home number but when I can my son’s cell phone number, always turn to voice messages), also I can not receive call in 

anybody know who I could contact with?

Thanks 🙏 

17 REPLIES 17

Lehaha

As the way works 

@wetcoaster wrote:

But it is recommended to be on the Automatic Setting with LTE/3G, etc.

@esjliv 

I respectfully suggest that the bold part is not taken an absolute statement.

@wetcoaster I didn't bold that statement, you did. LOL

I know, you were just clarifying which statement you were referring to.

Respectfully accepted point taken. 👍

@esjliv wrote:

@Lehaha wrote:

Someone suggested to change LTE to 3G, both works now 

thanks 

@Lehaha 

That is great that calls works with 3G. 

As LTE can be used for text messaging and data.

@esjliv 

I respectfully suggest that the bold part is not taken an absolute statement.

At PM calls are delivered over 3G bands (2&5) only. 

Auto setting is fine if you are in an area where both LTE and 3G protocols are equally / similarly strong. The phone will be fast enough to switch from LTE (data, text standby) to 3G (needed for calls at PM) fast enough so that the call comes through to the phones caller app and rings. If the 3G is weaker, the switch might not happen fast enough and the phone is considered out of range for the call, which is then directly directed to voice mail without ringing. 

I'm in a less than ideal zone plus in a metal building, and my directly-to-VM calls have dropped to near zero since I keep my phone on 3G only.

Lehaha

my is iPhone 11 and my son is iPhone 13, so I will keep doing what you said, thanks 

@Lehaha 

It's temporary while telus or bell upgrade their equipment from Huawei to Ericsson, Samsung etc... in your area and it can cause timing issues with your device switching from 4G LTE to 3G (that pm uses for voice calls) causing calls to drop or default to voicemail. Check once a day by switching back to 4G LTE/3G/2G autoconnect to see if calling has returned to normal and you can safely stay on that setting.

Edit: Calls/texts/data all work on the 3G network.

Lehaha

Thanks, good to know that 

Lehaha

Yes I did tried @t_p ’s way and now works

thanks 

@Lehaha wrote:

You were right, both works after I change both to 3G, do you know why that happened? I’ve been use it for 1.5 years never happens, and my son said LTE is faster than 3G

@Lehaha 

With Public mobile, LTE data is capped to 3G speeds.  If you manually choose 3G network, your data speeds may be faster since there is no capped data speeds with 3G network.  

@Lehaha wrote:

thanks 

@Lehaha 

That is great that calls works with 3G. 

As LTE can be used for text messaging and data.

Lehaha

thanks 

@Lehaha wrote:

Texting is no problem 

@Lehaha  are you in a different location than normally (when you did have working services?)

Check for outages in your area: https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

or https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

Did you try the changing your network manually to 3G as @t_p suggested? Just trying to rule out if your service is weak where you are.

And, if the same issue persists after trying the SIM into another compatible phone, try RESETTING your NETWORK Settings on your device.

What is the model of your phone? If this has not changed and it was working previous and still having issues ask CSA to look into your account:

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Lehaha

You were right, both works after I change both to 3G, do you know why that happened? I’ve been use it for 1.5 years never happens, and my son said LTE is faster than 3G

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Put your sim in another unlocked phone to see if it works.

Lehaha

Texting is no problem 

Lehaha

I just restart both phone, also tryed air mode, nothing works, so frustrated 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha wrote:

Today my phone can’t call out some of phone numbers ( I can call my home number but when I can my son’s cell phone number, always turn to voice messages), also I can not receive call in 

Thanks 🙏 

@Lehaha 

Have you rebooted your phone lately?

Restart your phone, you can also try toggling into airplane mode and back again.

fyi, calls going to your son's voicemail seems like on issue on his end, not yours. Check that he has service and in range and he is receiving his calls.

EDIT: oh, wait you cannot receive any calls either.

What about texting? Can you text in and out?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha wrote:

Thanks 🙏 

Put your phone on 3G to see if it works.

If you want to contact CS, this is the link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.