cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with New phone number

illuty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'd experienced porting problem lasted for 2 weeks then I decided to change my phone number on Dec 1st, it works totally fine after I received an message from public mobile regarding experienced difficulties on my request on Dec 6th. It also caused me cannot receive calling and message. Then I decided to change my phone number again however I tried so many time but it still mentioned fail to change phone number. Dose it mean I have no phone number now? Please help to fix my problem ASAP. Seriously, I'm getting to tired to the service and it's so hard to get someone responds or fixs my problem.
7 REPLIES 7

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @illuty

I'm sorry we couldn't get back to you earlier! I will sent you a private message in a little bit 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

my understaning that all the mod messages go into the same inbox.  so messaging a different mod will just add to the queue. 

illuty
Btw, I wondered if any other MODs I can contact regarding my problem as I only know very few of them?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Don't forget facebook, twitter or instagram support:)

OK, then you have done all you can for now. Unfortunately, it may be a few days before you have a response from the moderators.

While you are waiting try contacting tech support, by clicking this link, then "buttons" until you arrive at at webform to fill and send.

You could also try your SIM in another unlocked phone just to be sure it's not the phone acting up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

illuty
Thanks for your information. In my case, I'd gave up my old phone number when I started registered on my new phone number but the point is my new phone number was stop working by its own after a week. It is kind of weird for me as I have never experienced to this issue before with other carriers. I had contact @Shazia_K regarding my problem. Hope will get a respond soon.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Please try your old SIM; when a port-in gets hung up it usually will continue to accept calls while you can make outgoing calls with your "temporary" number.

The second attempt to change your phone number failed because you can only change your number once per 30 days.

To clear up the problem send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened, but given their backlog it will likely be several days before they respond.

For a failed port-in, they also need 

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

If your phone does stop working you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.