cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem transfering from PM to Videotron

binh514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As the title says I'm having problem porting my number to Videotron. I can make outcall but any incall goes straight to PM Voicemail. Any ideas?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Mobile Number Port can take up to 10 days to complete (up to 30 days in certain territories).

It usually takes only minutes. But it often takes 1-2 business days, I've heard of it taking a full week.

Once it's fully complete it'll sort itself out and all the incoming/outgoing stuff on your number should work as expected.

But best to contact your provider (Videotron) to confirm status, just in case the MNP somehow went wrong, the 10-day countdown is already ticking and a failed MNP cannot be recovered. 

And restart your device periodically to ensure it's connecting with the latest information from the network.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@binh514 wrote:

The PM's account is on my mom's name but Videotron is on my name. I have to mentioned that the account is on a different name? I called them earlier and they told me they just need the account# and the IMEI.

Thank you for the reply.

Then, you need to ask Videotron to get PM to release your number.

Your IMEI # is on your PM phone.

binh514
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The PM's account is on my mom's name but Videotron is on my name. I have to mentioned that the account is on a different name? I called them earlier and they told me they just need the account# and the IMEI.

Thank you for the reply.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@binh514 

1.  You PM number must be active before you can port out your PM number.

2.  You need to provide your PM account number

3.  You name shown on your PM account

4.  You PM number to be ported out

If you miss any of these 4 conditions, PM will not release your PM phone number.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like the porting is not fully complete yet.  You don't mention how long it's been and who knows how fast Videoton is.   Cheers

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it's been more than 2 hours, you can contact videotron.
Make sure to they have your public mobile account number and your name exactly as registered on pm account.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@binh514 wrote:

As the title says I'm having problem porting my number to Videotron. I can make outcall but any incall goes straight to PM Voicemail. Any ideas?

Thank you.

@binh514If you left public mobile, and are now with Videotron, ask them for help.

Need Help? Let's chat.