cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending some texts

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Over the last few hours if I send a text to some one some get through and some don't.  If I text a person with an iPhone it does not go through.  If I text someone on Android it is not an issue.  I'm on Android.

Anyone else having this issue ?

10 REPLIES 10

Dolphin1

I tried everything noted above and it didn't work.  My husband suggested I put it in airplane mode for a few minutes.  After I turned airplane mode off the messages sent.  Everything appears to be ok now.  

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @Dolphin1 ,

Does the iphone user have their imessage enabled. If so, have them turn it off.

They should probably reboot, then try it again.

That’s not it. My iPhone has iMessage, SMS, and MMS on all the time. No problem for any inbound texts from an android. But is a problem for me to text another iPhone as I MUST turn on data to do so for both in and out. 

Can't text all iPhones or just some? As some mentioned you might be blocked but also maybe the iPhone has SMS or other setting turned off...but I later thinking I don’t think that would stop incoming texts but would for outgoing from an iPhone. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Over the last few hours if I send a text to some one some get through and some don't.  If I text a person with an iPhone it does not go through.  If I text someone on Android it is not an issue.  I'm on Android.

Your friend must be using iMessage on the iPhone.  iMessage has its protocol.  Text message is send/receive using cellphone voice channel.

Ask you friend to update the iMessage settings as follows

iPhone Settings for iOS 12.4.5
Under iPhone Messages settings:
iMessage = enabled

SMS/MMS
MMS Messaging = enabled
Group Messaging = enabled
All other Messages settings are disabled

How do you friend know what message type you are sending or receiving on iPhone?
Messages with green bubbles are normal SMS/MMS text messages.
Message with blue bubbles are sent via the iMessage

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dolphin1  If you've ever had an iCloud account be sure it's deactivated. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Get the iPhone user to delete you from their contact list, then have them add it again and restart their phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Dolphin1 ,

Does the iphone user have their imessage enabled. If so, have them turn it off.

They should probably reboot, then try it again.

Dolphin1

Thank you for letting me know.  I tried again and still the failed message.

@JoyLuck 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Check with the iPhone user to make sure you're not blocked from their phone.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 

No issues for me. I am on android and just texted my friend who has an iPhone.

Need Help? Let's chat.