cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private message moderator using your text message

rahmedkanak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am thinking about an idea of sending private message to the moderator team through your phone messaging app other than public mobile community.

Advantages:

1. Very simple and easy for lot of people.

2. Can be done without the need of data. So basically talk and text only plans can contact the moderator without need for data.

3. Customer doesn't have to provide lots of info for authentication purpose.

4. Could be a better business model to attract lots of customers.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rahmedkanak wrote:

3. Customer doesn't have to provide lots of info for authentication purpose.

Not so sure about this. Anyone could pick up someone's phone and start texting away if the primary method of authentication was the phone number.

If this was a method in the future, it certainly would also require in the text message the same authentication that the forums require today.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here is where I get to play my tape again.  Get this service for what it is and not what you wish it to be.  The community forum while far from perfect has undergone a lot of improvement over the past year plus time that I have been with this service.  There has never been any drive to expand on the support model, only to improve the current model.  On that note, there is little point to discuss anything different as there will be no appetite to consider it. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

What about the simple sms, and the rest of there services do not work?  The Community forum can be access via any web browser on any platform on any device.

An SMS can only be sent from a working cell phone, and if the PM service isn’t working, neither is the SMS.

rahmedkanak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@ShawnC13 wrote:

What about those on limited texts?

Its a very good question.

The specific number like 611 doesn't charge any calling minutes. So may be a public mobile specific number for help is toll free text messaging for pm customer. I will really appreciate your input regarding this.

Thank you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

What about those on limited texts?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.