cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred Browser that works on this site?

DanAR
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I first signed up to PM I found I had real problems using Firefox under Win 10 Home to access both the self-serve login and the community pages.  Typically freezing and appearing to be unable to cope with memory demand. I got around this by using MS Edge and successfully enrolling.

Since then, I've upgraded my computer and moved to Win 10 Pro.  This afternoon, after 20 minutes of browsing the community forum using Firefox, I again found the screen freezing up and  exhausting memory.

Why this problem?  I'm sure its not just me?  Do I need to use Edge or Chrome only to visit for extended periods?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@DanAR I use the Brave browser on mac and on android. And if I have issues Ill go incognito or switch over to chrome on mac and chrome on my phone. 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Google Chrome Works good on my phone and it's old. I've never tried Firefox but I probably don't have enough memory to download anything anyways.

harshad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have found Chrome usually works the best for all general purposes. 

DanAR

You have confirmed all I have read. Thanks.

DanAR

Thanks for taking time to reply.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am using chrome on my phone (android).

I used to use Firefox which worked fine until some time ago. Then this site started crashing Firefox lol, I don't know why...so I just switched to Chrome and have no problems so far.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DanAR 

Chrome on desktop and phone.

DanAR

Thanks.

I'm seeing a consensus here to follow.😊

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Chome on desktop; Safari on phone - normal or incognito. Find similar performance on them all; often slow, sometimes quick.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DanAR

Thanks. I didn't think of that.  I'll try that next time. 😊

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@DanAR I find the website works best on my mobile phone with incognito or private mode. using their site on my desktop takes ages. I use Chrome on the desktop

Need Help? Let's chat.