cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prank calls

sunterthiner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am getting prank calls since an incident happened with a guy that was using my car and my friend had to get tough with him because he owed me money. People do weird things. The number always starts with 403613 and I’ve taken screen shots if you need it. 
I need it to stop, thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@sunterthiner 

You may find @Nezgar suggestion perfect solution to your problem.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Heh, you could also just forward your phone to Lenny- at least for declined/blocked calls. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

@sunterthiner 

Keep blocking the numbers.

The harassing caller will run out of phones and phone numbers long before your phone's software runs out of capacity to blacklist them.

Or you could consider changing your phone number. Though if this is a "friend" of a friend then he might be able to get your phone number again anyhow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@sunterthiner wrote:

Hi there,

I am getting prank calls since an incident happened with a guy that was using my car and my friend had to get tough with him because he owed me money. People do weird things. The number always starts with 403613 and I’ve taken screen shots if you need it. 

@sunterthiner getting prank calls?  oooh I don't think PM has an article on how to stop prank calls.  Must be a small amount of money involved here, just let it go.  As suggested above, just block the callers or treat them as spam.  oh also, as already suggested above, you can always change your number.  You cay change your phone number once every 30 days.  Good luck!

I gotta think that to go to the extent of sending a friend to get tough would suggest that it's more than a little. Everybody would have their own line to cross though

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@sunterthiner wrote:

Hi there,

@sunterthiner getting prank calls?  oooh I don't think PM has an article on how to stop prank calls.  Must be a small amount of money involved here, just let it go.  As suggested above, just block the callers or treat them as spam.  oh also, as already suggested above, you can always change your number.  You can change your phone number once every 30 days.  Good luck!

self serve overview -3 my profile - edit profile - change number.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sunterthiner Keep blocking them. If you have device like Google Pixel, some spam calls are blocked automatically or you can use the screen call feature to find out if its spam before picking up. Changing your number is another option, but not everyone can easily go through the change. 

@sunterthiner wrote:

Hi there,

For the most part, Public Mobile isn't going to help with this. Your options are to block the number or to change your phone number.  If there is some type of illegal activity happening, you should be consdiering contacting your local police.

Need Help? Let's chat.