cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portting

shirl69205
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, can you please check if my potting from Rogers is successful or not?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shirl69205 I have some bad news for you! Unfortunately, if your iPhone says something to the effect of "This SIM is not supported under the activation policy..." it means that your iPhone is locked to another carrier.

What carrier are you coming from? (Nevermind, I see now that it was Rogers)

Did you request an unlock from Rogers before moving to Public Mobile?

shirl69205

i just tried to send message to @Mary_M. hopefully, i can get some help soon.

shirl69205

@CaNuCk07

I'ved tried tag Shazia and private message her over an hour, but not reply. I think she's not online today. Can you refer me to a moderate that's online today?

shirl69205

@Shazia_K

Hi Shazia - I just tried to put my PM sim card to my IPhone, and after turning the phone on, the  screen shows "SIM NOT SUPPORTED".

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Hello! did you receive a text saying your port has been complete?

Also just some general info, this type of question isnt something that the general community can't necessarily confirm without some trial and error on your end.  You would definitely need help from one of the moderators who look after these issues.

To get their attention you have a couple options:

1. Tagging: Simply tag one of the above Community mods by inserting their name in your topic or reply post. For example, if I wanted to tag Shazia, I would use @Shazia_K to contact her Please do not tag Moderators multiple times for one thread- it will not make them respond any faster. While it may take them 20-30 minutes to get back to you, they will be sure to do so.
  2. Private Messaging: You can do this by searching for the Community Moderator’s name or by clicking on the Community Moderator’s name or Avatar, then, on the right-side of their profile click on “Send this user a private message”

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @shirl69205

@shirl69205 wrote:

Hi, can you please check if my potting from Rogers is successful or not?  Thanks!

The best way to check is to reboot your phone and place a phone call to a home phone, Then use another phone or home phone to call your ported number!

If none works, Any forum moderator can help you, I will tag @Shazia_K just in case, if nothing works, simply click on her profile and send her a message or reply on this thread!

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.