cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting troubles: Received SMS "experiencing difficulties", incoming calls not working

ivanav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday, I attempted to port my number from Bell during the SIM card activation. Shortly thereafter, I received an SMS stating: 

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

When I call my number, I receive an automated voice message that says, "the number you have reached is out of service."

I re-inserted my Bell SIM card and I have no service, which makes me think that something is held up on the PM end.

Is this just a matter of waiting it out? I have DM'd the Mods in the meantime. 

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O

6 REPLIES 6

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ivanav,

Did your issue get resolved?

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

hi, i ahd the same problem that you did. I believe you bell service is gone which mean you have no number anymore. i called back my old provider to just get my account open again(fyi it took awhile for it to happen because they were hard to budge) and then it fully went through after. just wait for the moderators to help you. wishing you all the best 🙂

Did you keep your account active with Bell, or did you cancel it before coming to Public Mobile?

I ask, because I didn't see a clear statement of this above.  If you cancelled your Bell service, you've lost your phone number, as only an active account will allow a phone number to be transfered.

Wishing you luck in this!!!  Fingers crossed!

koimr1

I'm sure they will get to you soon.

Welcome to PM, btw! 🙂

ivanav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @koimr1! I guess I'm just impatient. Hopefully I get a response from the mods soon. 

koimr1

If you've messaged the mods already then you just need to wait for them to look into it. 🙂

Just make sure you included your phone number, SIM number, email address and a description of the problem in your private message.

Need Help? Let's chat.