cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

Lokeshg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys!

So i got a public mobile sim a month ago and don't have a Canadian credit card, so I couldn't pay online. The closest voucher store is about 1.5 hours away by public transit, as I don't have a drivers license. So i asked a friend to pay with thier card. That friend lost then his card. And now, as I have no means to pay, i'm switching to virgin mobile, that does accept  the international card that I have. The problem i'm having is that I need to Port my number from public but i got the message that I can't Port unless my account is active. Is there any way my account can be activated for just long enough to make that Port?

I really need to keep this number as its with all my banks, university, friends and my employer. 

12 REPLIES 12

Rubyponam

I need help to cancel my acc. 

I send messages to the moderator but no answer

bren_anne

It would work if you put one more voucher on it 10$/mth plan  for instance then change your plan to whom ever, and start the porting process when your plan is active. It only stays open for a month or two max before you lose the number.

Bebo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. i tried chrome explorer laptop tablet incognito with all 4 useable credit card if i have to go waste my time for this stupid system problem buy this trouble voucher why border to tried all these, i sent many msg in past 2 days to the got no help from useless community what do i expect!

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Bebo;  What exactly are you trying to do?  Add funds to your account?  Activate a new sim?  In many situation, if a credit card is not working, clearing your browser's cache, or running your browser in private/incognito/etc mode might solve the problem.

If that doesn;t work, you can either purchase a voucher from a retailer, or you can contact the moderators team who might be able to get your payment through.

Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.
Click here to send them a private message.

Also, you have posted to an old topic.  Any time you have a new issue that needs answers, you should start a new topic/thread.  That way, you will get the help you need much faster.  Posts to old topics can easilly go unnoticed.

Bebo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used 4 credit cards the system wont take it, lack of support.

Lokeshg

Hey guys! 

Thanks for all your advice, 

The awesome moderator @Mary_M helped me out by temporarily activating my account till the port request was completed, without any charge or annoyance.

Honestly i loved public for the month that I used it but the payment was too much of a hassle so i had to Port. Maybe I'll Port back when I get a credit card 🙂

Thanks again to Mary_M and goodbye. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lokeshg,

Hopefully things work out for you. Good luck.

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13 whoops! Didn't see that thread, just looked it up. edited my previous post so that they don't go out to buy one. Thanks for the clarification.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lokeshg, sorry to hear about what has happened to you.  @NDesai, has had a great idea as I don' t know if there is anything a MOD can do for you without funds in your account to activate it.  So check the Leader board approach the member and see if something can be worked out via PayPal or something.

@ScrapIron, there was a thread the other day that had said the Visa gift cards didn't work with the system

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ScrapIron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Although not ideal, you could also buy those VISA gift cards from any nearby store and then use that to pay for your service online (I think it should work). The downside to this is that VISA tacks on a one-time activation fee of like 3-6 dollars depending on the amount you purchase.  Edited: PM apparently doesn't accept prepaid cards.

Hopefully the mods can help you out with extending your service if you do decide to port out. Sad to see you go 😞

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry to hear that you're leaving.  Perhaps the moderators can help you.

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Such a terrible situation :(. May be someone can help you get a voucher code if you pay them somehow. I recommend not to deal with non reputable member. The bravo leader board should give you good understanding. 

There is no way to temporarily activate the service without paying. Even the lowest 30 days text only for $20 will do for porting out. But you will need to get in touch with the Moderator_Team to change your plan while in expired/suspended status. 

Need Help? Let's chat.