cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

wsabuga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Im trying to Port out and my new phone carrier is asking for the correct account number. I gave them the account number I found on my selfserve account but they said it failed and it asked for the correct account number. Any ideas? Is there a different account number aside from the one in our selfserve account?

9 REPLIES 9

To port a number out the 'incoming carrier' requests the release and cancellation of the 'sending' carrier.  As long as the information is correct and authorized (ie have access to the account information legally) then it is doable.   If fraudulent, then you must involve the police.

IWorkForRogers

Got the ability to post again. Going to break thsi topic out.

The porting center is then the concern.

@IWorkForRogers the only way subscribers can contact PM is via private messages (top right corner 'envelope' to the Moderator_Team.

No back door numbers - no voice services.

You should have an ability to call a porting centre for Telus/Kodoo/Public Mobile as you're 'working for Rogers'.

IWorkForRogers

Not able to create any new posts and not sure why. Can someone help?

Looking to understand all security loopholes with porting number out of Public Mobile.

If someone working at another provider is trying to port a Public Mobile number out, without direct authorization from the PM user can it still be done? If someone at this provider with our private information/ID calls a backdoor number at Public Mobile how can this be stopped? Is there a backdoor number at Public Mobile for porting out numbers where the user is not involved? Our account information at Public Mobile is protected by our credentials in logging into the website, so long as this information is never shared can we assume we are protected in getting our Public Mobile number stolen?

@hycm53, the subscriber is attempting to go elsewhere.  They need the one in Self-Serve.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wsabuga wrote:

Hi, Im trying to Port out and my new phone carrier is asking for the correct account number. I gave them the account number I found on my selfserve account but they said it failed and it asked for the correct account number. Any ideas? Is there a different account number aside from the one in our selfserve account?

It is right below the "Logout" button.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@wsabuga You should fill in your old carrier's account number, for instance, if you change from Rogers to PM, you need Rogers Accoun number, not PM account number when you're porting your Rogers phone number to PM.

wsabuga

Thank you! maybe that's the issue. I will let them try again.

Thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's only one account number.  It's found on the upper right corner of the self serve.  There's lots of zeros.  Make for the right number is used.

Need Help? Let's chat.