cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Porting out to Telus even if PM account is suspended?

Regulars around here know full well that one moderator answer is not gospel. It's known to ask again. But of course these things take time. It had also been my understanding that under the Telus umbrella, one can transfer numbers around anytime before deactivation/abandonment.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 

Oh I know that moderator responses are very much YMMV.  I wonder some of the time if they're reading from the same training script/ materials.  🤔

The thing is, with this request, there should absolutely be a level of consistency as it's possible that retention might be on the line, depending on the situation.

If the Oracles are being told something specifically and the mods contradict it - that raises doubt in the minds of potential customers.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS : We also know that communication and consistency are not a strong suit around here. In this case though, moving up tiers is very much in their interests and extracting more money in doing so.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR wrote:

@Mobilix WOW OH WOW!!!  I knew I was somewhat correct 😂  but I was hesitant (afraid really) to go against the oracles haha

I have been the idiot  that cried out loud and saying he must have an Active account.. LoL

.. and yes, we all know it's YMMV, but I rather pay $15 $13 to get the peace of mind instead of 😭 after loosing the number

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No question,  @softech , I'd be paying it too!!!

This is less about the measly $13 and more about gaining a sense of consistency and clarity.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS wrote:

consistency and clarity.

you know this is so not Public Mobile.   🤣😂

@RosieR @Mobilix 

That information isn't consistent with the information that I have.  Porting out from Telus prepaid, Koodo prepaid, or Public Mobile to one of these other Telus brands does not need an active plan. The account merely needs to be still open but can be in suspended status.  That is Public Mobile's official stance that has been comminicated to the Oracles and Public Mobile went out of their way to communicate this specific example as an exception. One of us has even asked about this recently after some of the number portability security features were implemented.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 yes that was what we were told before this announcement

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

In that announcement, there is no mention whatsoever about being able to port in or out of Public Mobile to Telus/Koodo with a suspended account.  It says that all transfers will now follow the same procedure... and that was most probably why the moderator said  "no exception".

The common customers like me are not privy to oracles meetings with Public Mobile representatives, so I tend to agree with what the honorable oracles say in the forum.  But if a moderator replies contrary to the oracle's reply, well then, I would lean towards the moderator's reply as the likely correct answer as they are the representatives of Public Mobile.

No disrespect, of course

RosieR

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 yes that was what we were told before this announcement

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

In that announcement, there is no mention whatsoever about being able to port in or out of Public Mobile to Telus/Koodo with a suspended account.  It says that all transfers will now follow the same procedure... and that was most probably why the moderator said  "no exception".

The common customers like me are not privy to oracles meetings with Public Mobile representatives, so I tend to agree with what the honorable oracles say in the forum.  But if a moderator replies contrary to the oracle's reply, well then, I would lean towards the moderator's reply as the likely correct answer as they are the representatives of Public Mobile.

No disrespect, of course

RosieR

This was brought up in discussions with Marketing after this annoucement.  We were told that this still applies and that supsended Public Mobile accounts could still be ported out to other Telus brands.  As such, unlesss the marketing team has decided to change this policy or if they were instructed to do so higher up at Telus, thie moderators should be following the same policy (whatever it is).  

Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot agree more... Is not that much that I have to pay the full month but instead getting an accurate answer... Because my decision will be based on that information.

But I'll go the safe way by paying my extra month.

Need Help? Let's chat.