cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Re: Porting out to Telus even if PM account is suspended?

Yes if you are on a higher priced PM plan the $15 plan should get you by for 5 days and eliminate any other porting problems. EPP is Telus Employee plan isn’t it? Are you or were you an employee, going for the 40% off the $75 plan or something similar? If I needed the 10 GB or more of data included in the $75 plan, $45 would look pretty good other than all the rewards I would lose by leaving PM now.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix wrote:

Ok so I got the confirmation from PM...

There's no exception, the account needs to be active to allow the porting out of my number to TELUS (or any other carrier)...

Now, at least it's clear even if it's not what I was hoping for.

@Mobilix 

Are you stating they are REQUIRING you to put another full cycle payment on your Public Mobile account EVEN THOUGH you're moving your number from Public Mobile to TELUS?

That's ridiculous.

@ShawnC13  Surely the Oracles might have an 'in' with someone who could assist this OP.  Making them pay a full cycle for a few days of service JUST SO they can port to TELUS is a kick in the @ss (in my view) for a customer remaining loyal to TELUS. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

It’s just a gamble to keep the same number. The next moderator may tell a different story altogether. Quite likely do-able to recover the number after the fact but sometimes the amount of time needed and days without service just aren't worth not getting the $15  $13 plan to use for the 5 or 6 days until the number ports. And if the OP is going to a 10 GB or higher data plan the OP is likely on the $40 or $50 PM plan currently anyway.

JMHO AE_Collector

Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EPP stands for Employee Partner Plan... All big 3 offers these special rate plan to employees of other big companies/organizations. You get a better plan than the ones offered to the public in general. A little like Costco who can negotiate better deals for its members.

Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's it. It's not worth the time nor the hassle. I'll pay for the $15 and keep my sanity 🙂

softech
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector   I agree.  I guess we had seen Mod being nice and went extra miles to help in many situations, but you never know when you will got to a rookie that only follows the book.

Also, with a proper call centre, it's easier to call again and hope you get a different support and try to fight for what you want.  With PM, it might be harder to pay this card.

I guess, if  OP doesn't care of loosing the number, then he can try.  But if OP definitely wants to keep it, then I will pay $15 for the peace of mind

ShawnC13
Oracle

@HALIMACS I am going to ask for clarification on this as we were told in the Oracle area that the line does not have to be active to port to Telus or Koodo and this was just last year they told us that

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix wrote:

There's no exception, the account needs to be active to allow the porting out of my number to TELUS (or any other carrier)...

@Mobilix    So the information supplied by PM saying suspended accounts within the Telus family can still be ported is incorrect?    Then PM needs to amend that announcement immediately if that isn't the case.   Perhaps @ShawnC13 can bring it to PM's attention/or get further clarification?

Edit:  @ShawnC13  posted while I was still typing...

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix wrote:

@Mobilix WOW OH WOW!!!  I knew I was somewhat correct 😂  but I was hesitant (afraid really) to go against the oracles haha

Please change the Accepted Solution to your own post.  You were the one who solved this problem/issue.

@computergeek541  this is a case that the OP solved his own query.

Au Revoir

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Good idea to get clarification even though @Mobilix seems resigned to just paying the $13 and being done with it - and that's understandable.

Still, it certainly would help us all help other customers with similar questions - and this is not an uncommon one which frequently gets different replies.

Need Help? Let's chat.