cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Porting out to Telus even if PM account is suspended?

Well that's kind of the issue here... I don't mind to not have my service for 5 days If I can save on a full month of service but if at the end I still have to pay a full month for just one day to allow the porting of my number, what's the point? 😛

I guess only a PM employee can answer to that.

But thanks everyone, this is a great community.

Mobilix

The only thing they say is that my account must not be cancelled prior to the porting... Which makes total sense.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Mobilix wrote:

Well that's kind of the issue here... I don't mind to not have my service for 5 days If I can save on a full month of service but if at the end I still have to pay a full month for just one day to allow the porting of my number, what's the point? 😛

I guess only a PM employee can answer to that.

But thanks everyone, this is a great community.

I am still looking, as I am sure there was an announcement saying inter-brand porting of a suspended line was ok

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Mobilix I have found this and it is the answer to your question

We have implemented a fix which means that as of today (January 23, 2020), Public customers who are porting out to Koodo or TELUS will not have to be in an 'active state' in order for their migration to be complete. This means that they will be able to port out even if their account is in a suspended state. This fix, however, does not work for customers who want to port out to any other brands, not under the TELUS umbrella. 

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you @Dunkman 

On Jan 19(2021), we will be introducing a new phone number porting experience and wanted to inform you ahead of time in case you have any questions. In particular, what’s different is that customers transferring numbers among Public Mobile, Koodo, and TELUS will now be directed to a Moderator. 

So it looks like you should contact a moderator now and get this all figured out lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

View solution in original post

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix wrote:

The only thing they say is that my account must not be cancelled prior to the porting... Which makes total sense.

@Mobilix well then, suspended accounts might be ok but if suspended for more than 90 days, the account is closed and you would lose your number.  Since non-payment of your Public Mobile account for a few days, is only considered suspended, it is indeed possible to port out your number to Telus.

It's your call, really.  Do you feel lucky?

adios

RosieR

Mobilix

Thanks ShawnC13! You're awesome!

And thank you everyone else for your contribution.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Mobilix  also read my edited addition to the post!!  You will need to contact the Moderators it seems

Mobilix

Will do.

Thanks.

Mobilix

Ok so I got the confirmation from PM...

There's no exception, the account needs to be active to allow the porting out of my number to TELUS (or any other carrier)...

Now, at least it's clear even if it's not what I was hoping for.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Cool, thanks for confirming

As mentioned earlier, you might want to change to a lowest price plan,  $15,  to save a little bit

Need Help? Let's chat.