cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Porting out to Telus even if PM account is suspended?

@Mobilix wrote:

I cannot agree more... Is not that much that I have to pay the full month but instead getting an accurate answer... Because my decision will be based on that information.

But I'll go the safe way by paying my extra month.

If you're actually trying to port out, I would try again.  The marketing department is responsible for the overall message that is sent out to customers. Marketing said that it can be done and never said that this has changed. Therefore, moderators should still be allowing it and performing whatever steps are necessary to have this accomplished.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix 

I probably would as well...

As I suggested earlier, it is unacceptable that information like this is not clearly laid out and that there is so much discrepancy between what is said between moderators and/or PM staff and/or the information given to Oracles.

@Moderator_Team

Can a senior member please tell us what the official policy is?  Not only do your customers deserve it, but all your community members who are here to support you & PM should be given accurate information upon which to reply to community inquiries.

Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 following the official answer from the Mod (I actually opened a support ticket) I've decided to keep my PM service for an extra month. I've deferred my porting out for May 5 and use my PM until that date. It was simply not worth it. But to be honest I more impressed by the support received here. I think everyone do their best to help others but PM should find a way to communicate with the community as a whole.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@computergeek541 yes that was what we were told before this announcement

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

In that announcement, there is no mention whatsoever about being able to port in or out of Public Mobile to Telus/Koodo with a suspended account.  It says that all transfers will now follow the same procedure... and that was most probably why the moderator said  "no exception".

The common customers like me are not privy to oracles meetings with Public Mobile representatives, so I tend to agree with what the honorable oracles say in the forum.  But if a moderator replies contrary to the oracle's reply, well then, I would lean towards the moderator's reply as the likely correct answer as they are the representatives of Public Mobile.

No disrespect, of course

RosieR

This was brought up in discussions with Marketing after this annoucement.  We were told that this still applies and that supsended Public Mobile accounts could still be ported out to other Telus brands.  As such, unlesss the marketing team has decided to change this policy or if they were instructed to do so higher up at Telus, thie moderators should be following the same policy (whatever it is).  

There have been a couple of "This was brought up in discussions with Marketing after this announcement.  We were told that...."  from the oracles recently.  The correct solution should be posted on the announcement page by the Public Mobile Product Manager, as a modification to the already modified announcement, so everyone is on the same page. 

RosieR 

@RosieR wrote:

There have been a couple of "This was brought up in discussions with Marketing after this announcement.  We were told that...."  from the oracles recently.  The correct solution should be posted on the announcement page by the Public Mobile Product Manager, as a modification to the already modified announcement, so everyone is on the same page.  

That's who Shawnc13 and I have gotten the information from.  That doesn't mean that a change couldn't have been made, but the most recent information that I have been provided is that nothing has changed for porting Telus prepaid numbers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 @computergeek541 

The following link was kindly supplied by @Luddite  in another thread for porting to koodo. I entered a suspended accounts phone number and it was portable. That would indicate porting is "doable" from a suspended account to koodo so in theory also to telus.....if anyone is still doubtful about pm's messaging on this subject.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Need Help? Let's chat.