cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out to Telus even if PM account is suspended?

Mobilix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,

My PM phone number will be ported out to an EPP Telus account on April 14...

Only issue is that my AutoPay/renewal of my plan is set up for April 9.

If I decide to cancel my AutoPay and my PM account gets suspended for this reason, will be the porting of my number still possible 5 days after? Or should I pay a full month worth of my current rate plan just to make sure it goes through?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

46 REPLIES 46

@Mobilix  also read my edited addition to the post!!  You will need to contact the Moderators it seems

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mobilix

Thanks ShawnC13! You're awesome!

And thank you everyone else for your contribution.

@Mobilix wrote:

The only thing they say is that my account must not be cancelled prior to the porting... Which makes total sense.

@Mobilix well then, suspended accounts might be ok but if suspended for more than 90 days, the account is closed and you would lose your number.  Since non-payment of your Public Mobile account for a few days, is only considered suspended, it is indeed possible to port out your number to Telus.

It's your call, really.  Do you feel lucky?

adios

RosieR

@Mobilix I have found this and it is the answer to your question

We have implemented a fix which means that as of today (January 23, 2020), Public customers who are porting out to Koodo or TELUS will not have to be in an 'active state' in order for their migration to be complete. This means that they will be able to port out even if their account is in a suspended state. This fix, however, does not work for customers who want to port out to any other brands, not under the TELUS umbrella. 

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you @Dunkman 

On Jan 19(2021), we will be introducing a new phone number porting experience and wanted to inform you ahead of time in case you have any questions. In particular, what’s different is that customers transferring numbers among Public Mobile, Koodo, and TELUS will now be directed to a Moderator. 

So it looks like you should contact a moderator now and get this all figured out lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Mobilix wrote:

Well that's kind of the issue here... I don't mind to not have my service for 5 days If I can save on a full month of service but if at the end I still have to pay a full month for just one day to allow the porting of my number, what's the point? 😛

I guess only a PM employee can answer to that.

But thanks everyone, this is a great community.

I am still looking, as I am sure there was an announcement saying inter-brand porting of a suspended line was ok

Mobilix

The only thing they say is that my account must not be cancelled prior to the porting... Which makes total sense.

Mobilix

Well that's kind of the issue here... I don't mind to not have my service for 5 days If I can save on a full month of service but if at the end I still have to pay a full month for just one day to allow the porting of my number, what's the point? 😛

I guess only a PM employee can answer to that.

But thanks everyone, this is a great community.

@Mobilix wrote:

Thank you because it's actually not quite clear when it comes to transferring to Telus.

I understand 100% that for any other carrier, my account would need to be active.

Hi @Mobilix because of recent changes on transferring numbers as per this announcement

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

it does not mention anymore that transfer to or from Telus/Koodo is allowed on suspended accounts.

I suggest to contact Telus and ask them what their procedures in porting from Public Mobile.

Sayonara 

RosieR

@Mobilix wrote:

Thank you because it's actually not quite clear when it comes to transferring to Telus.

I understand 100% that for any other carrier, my account would need to be active.

@Mobilix 

Just let the account suspend.   It's likely TELUS will be able to pull your number from Public Mobile without having to reactivate.

And if they won't (i'm pretty certain they can & will), well just reactivate then on the cheapest plan to enable the port to occur.

there were many past customers who were able to port to Telus/Koodo when there account was suspended. not sure if this has changed, but as far as I know, it can be done.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Mobilix  I think account has to be active even with  porting over to Telus brands.

@Mobilix   Yes your right to port to any other carriers you have to be active with your PM account and plan.

Mobilix

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

I think since your porting over to Telus you might not have to be still active with your PM account. I think that was asked once before in another thread.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Mobilix wrote:

Hello everyone,

My PM phone number will be ported out to an EPP Telus account on April 14...

Only issue is that my AutoPay/renewal of my plan is set up for April 9.

If I decide to cancel my AutoPay and my PM account gets suspended for this reason, will be the porting of my number still possible 5 days after? Or should I pay a full month worth of my current rate plan just to make sure it goes through?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

To port out to an in house Telus brand I do believe it can be suspended let me go look for the announcement on that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Account must be active to be ported out.  So, your plan wont work.  Either you have to request port out earlier or you have to pay one more month.  You can try to save a little bit by changing your plan to the cheapest one -- $15

Also, if you plan to port out earlier, I suggest you give yourself enough time.  Like if you request to port out on the 8th and something goes wrong, account got suspended on the 9th and porting not completed, it might be an issue.  Give yourself a day  or 2 

Need Help? Let's chat.