cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out my number

Driphie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I am trying to port out my number to Koodo. My account is active but I keep getting the error message that my number is invalid.  Does any one have any idea how I can solve this problem? 

10 REPLIES 10

@Nezgar it could be no text reply needed becauae Public allows port out of suspended phone number to Telus and Koodo.  There's not textiing service on a suspended account.

@benfatto wrote:

@Driphie  Contact Koodo support. Between Telus siblings even expired accounts can transfer their number. 

I've found there's also no confirmation text requirement when porting between Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile like there is when its a true inter-carrier port...

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Driphie  Contact Koodo support. Between Telus siblings even expired accounts can transfer their number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Driphie : Porting out is all about the other side as far as the customer is needing. The exiting provider will simply hand over the number and close the account all in the same action. The new provider are the ones to figure out what to do.

It's suggested due to a rare bug to toggle off autopay and remove a payment card before leaving though. As one should do in all cases of leaving any business.

Driphie

Ok then, let me do just that.

Driphie

I did this already and even checked eligibility of my number to be ported and it shows that my number can be ported. It just keeps showing me invalid number when I input the number on the Koodo activation page.

@Driphie 

Worth trying since Koodo and PM both belong to Telus

Driphie

Can I call Telus for this even though my service is with Public Mobile? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Driphie , sorry to see you go...

Try clearing your browser's history and then opening a tab in incognito mode. Then try the process again.

Some more info. on porting to koodo: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Driphie 

You might want to call the Telus porting team: ***

Here is some more information about porting out/port protection.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

The SMS text will read as follows:

Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact us at ***

Need Help? Let's chat.