cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out my current DID to my VoIP provider and obtaining a new DID in my existing account?

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Here's a situation I am running in to and I am not sure how to proceed.

My current active cell # here at Public Mobile is actually my business number and I need to port it out to my VoIP provider.

Reason:

My business is growing and I have to create nested mailboxes to manage the volume of calls I get and have them redirected to my employees. 

I do not want to lose my existing account and cell plan here at Public Mobile so I would like to obtain a new number on my existing account while I port out the current number.

What is you recommendation?

5 REPLIES 5

@sohosynergy wrote:

Hi, I started the port out of my current Public Mobile Number to my business VoIP but I accidentally gave them my login password for Public Mobile rather than the PIN....after reading the port info I then contacted VoIP.ms and gave them the correct PIN...please don't cancel my port out as I have also ported out a number from THEM to my new Public Mobile SIM, that part went well but I'm still waiting for you to approve my port out.

Posting a message here doesn't get you in touch with Public Mobile. You rneed to follow the procedures provided earlier to talk to a Public Mobile CSA about this.  That can be done by using this link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I started the port out of my current Public Mobile Number to my business VoIP but I accidentally gave them my login password for Public Mobile rather than the PIN....after reading the port info I then contacted VoIP.ms and gave them the correct PIN...please don't cancel my port out as I have also ported out a number from THEM to my new Public Mobile SIM, that part went well but I'm still waiting for you to approve my port out.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sohosynergy number cant be held after porting.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This would be a good idea for Public Mobile to implement. Make it possible for someone to port a number out without having the account close, and being able to get a new number assigned. This is merely a suggestion from many customers who would want this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sohosynergy , number porting is generally trouble free.  Seeing that it is a business number, I think you have the correct strategy to get your new account up and running first and then port the number over.  Familiarize yourself with the number porting process and there should be a trouble free outcome.  Good luck.  

BTW, you cannot keep the current account.  Once the number port is complete, the account will close.  There is no way around this.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.