cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out - PM to send confirmation text to me?

gojeffgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I've already signed a contract with another service provider last night and I was told that Public Mobile would send me a confirmation text regarding porting out but I yet have to receive any text. Is this true (if so, how long?) or is this other SP supposed to handle everything? 

Screenshot_20210413-052109_Chrome.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

@gojeffgo 

Not recieving your texts in a timely maner may still occur with freedom if its related to your phone. Toggling airplane mode on/off might have fixed the issue. Also try clearing the cache in your messages app....but you are with freedom now so they can help you if the issue persists. Enjoy your freedom......except when you need to roam outside of the GTA you know when your phone says AWAY.

@gojeffgo wrote:

Nope. My account is well active. I'm switching over because I'm not a fan of the new plans (which I'd kept my old 12gb lte plan) and I also do not receive texts on time and that's a problem when my boss texts me and I get it only a few days later. 

Hi @gojeffgo yeah that sucks if you don't receive your boss texts on real time.  Understandable that you need to switch to a more reliable service provider.

As already mentioned above, ask Freedom to send another port request to Public Mobile.

You are doing the right thing and don't let anyone else's opinion gets in the way of what is best for you.

Aloha

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gojeffgo 

Request that Freedom reinitiate the port request of Public Mobile, then make sure to put your Public Mobile SIM card back in your device and await the port authorization text from Public Mobile, which should come within 90 minutes.

Make sure to respond YES to the text.

@gojeffgo wrote:

Nope. My account is well active. I'm switching over because I'm not a fan of the new plans (which I'd kept my old 12gb lte plan) and I also do not receive texts on time and that's a problem when my boss texts me and I get it only a few days later. 

@gojeffgo 

Are referring to the Provincial ones? Because those were reverted back to Canada-Wide calling. 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Changes-to-Our-In-Market-Plans/m...

Oh, the texting issue. What trouble shooting have you tried for that?

What phone do you have?

gojeffgo

@gojeffgo 

Wowsers...giving up 4 years of loyalty! If you have to pay and unsuspend your account to port out you can always take temporary number with freedom and test out their service first. You have 15 days to change your mind and cancel your contract penalty free.

@gojeffgo 

Hmmm...maybe freedom took their time....keep your pm sim card in your phone. If you don't recieve it by 10 am et. give freedom a call back to reinitiate the request or contact the moderators.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gojeffgo ,

Is your Public Mobile account currently ACTIVE?

You can only port out an ACTIVE Public Mobile number/account to another provider. If it was suspended than you would need to reactivate it (at the $15, would be most cost efficient) then you can port out to another provider.

If your Public Mobile account was suspended for over 90 days than the number/account is permanently closed/gone.

gojeffgo

Toronto. 

@gojeffgo 

You're welcome....sorry to see you go! Are you in bc? That would explain missing the end of business day for the moderators.....as they operate in the eastern time zone.

gojeffgo

Thanks for the quick response! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gojeffgo 

Freedom requests the port from public mobile. Pm will send you a text to confirm the authorization of the port. You have 90 min to respond YES to the text. It's possible that freedoms request was recieved after hours for moderators to send you the text. You will likely recieve it first thing in the morning after 8am et. For more information on porting out from pm see below......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.