cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting old no. to new carrier

CYC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have cancelled my plan with Public Mobile on October 11th before the payment due date on October 12th,2019 when I switched over to another new carrier, Freedom Mobile. I wonder till todate why you are not releasing my existing phone number to be ported to the new carrier. 

There is no any outstanding payment owed by me when I stopped auto pay, and I would like 

to know if there is other unsolved issue of concern to you.It will be appreciated if you can 

response to my request quickly to avoid unnecessary inconveniences to myself.

I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@CYC wrote:

I have cancelled my plan with Public Mobile on October 11th before the payment due date on October 12th,2019 when I switched over to another new carrier, Freedom Mobile. I wonder till todate why you are not releasing my existing phone number to be ported to the new carrier. 

The issue might be port failed due to wrong Public Mobile account number. Only use the account number to port to Freedom.  If it failed and you did not pay Public on October 12, account would be suspended. You will need to unsuspend it before another try.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Was your account in good standing when you attempted to port out? It can't be expired. If your service ends today and you remove autopay you won't be able to port tomorrow. Luckily you still have access to it and you can switch to the cheapest plan a(as suggested above) and try to port again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CYC  In order to be able to port your number out you account needs to be active. To solve you issue login into selfserve reactivate your account with the $15 plan then try the port again and it will work. If you don't reactivate your account you will not be able to port out your number.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CYC 

Did you contact Freedom mobile to find out what happened with the port?  When exactly did you port your number to FM?  

You do need an active PM account (not expired) before porting to another mobile company.  If not active, the port would not work.  

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is just the user message board. You are probably better off putting a ticket in with the mods using the question mark thingy.

Need Help? Let's chat.