cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number

Josh36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm wanting to port my pm account over to a koodo account. I just paid for my months service as of today, when I port over, do those funds port as well or do I loss out on that money. Or am I able to get refunded that money. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Scarlett11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Josh36 unfortunately as a prepaid carrier, you will lose the money paid when you port out. The best case would be if you could wait to port until a few days prior to auto renewal with PM. Also remove your credit card information once you have ported, just to be 100% that no more payments will be extracted.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Josh36 

No refunds.  Once you port out, your PM account will be closed.  Public mobile is prepaid.

To be on the safe side, remove your autopay credit card information.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

As a pre-paid service, @Josh36 , any funds remaining when the Public Mobile plan is closed are forfeited.

Sorry.

EDIT:   If I may add a recommendations, you might want to time the port over to Koodo a week or so before the end of your current cycle.   Before you do this, make sure to remove any auto-pay features you may have set up with Public Mobile so another payment is not extracted.

Need Help? Let's chat.