cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to koodo

Tstorms03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey so I’ve been trying to port to koodo and they told me I needed to contact public mobile. and wen I did I was told to talk to koodo. So i did and now they have told me to contact public mobile again I am jus gettin sent back and forth and it’s super frustrating but koodo told me this time I need to get public mobile to release my old number and leave a note saying so cause I have lost that SIM card. Is that possible please

3 REPLIES 3

@Tstorms03 

I understand the issue....you need to verify you are the account holder with public mobile once you contact the moderators and give "verbal" authorization to release your phone number to port over to koodo. Follow the method to contact the moderators by @esjliv however with exception of the night moderators who do not normally answer support requests outside of moderator business hours you may not get a response til morning.

If you know your account information you may be able to release your phone number thru the telus porting department...its worth a try anyways. I will private message you the number. It's unfortunate that the koodo customer service agent does not know how to properly advise you in your situation. Good luck!

@Tstorms03 

You probably need to contact PM moderator again to put in your file about missing SIM card (ie. then you are unable to receive confirmation text from PM about your port request).  

Koodo is the company that initiates the port request.  PM will release the phone number once they get your confirmation text that you requested the port.  However, since you don't have the PM SIM card, you can't respond.  

Here is more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tstorms03 wrote:

Hey so I’ve been trying to port to koodo and they told me I needed to contact public mobile. and wen I did I was told to talk to koodo. So i did and now they have told me to contact public mobile again I am jus gettin sent back and forth and it’s super frustrating but koodo told me this time I need to get public mobile to release my old number and leave a note saying so cause I have lost that SIM card. Is that possible please

@Tstorms03 well, yes, that would be confusing, wouldn't it?

These companies are both owned by Telus. Seems silly to be bouncing you around.

What is Koodo exactly saying??

You should only need to be in contact with Koodo, if you are trying to port TO Koodo.

Is it possible that your phone number is locked to Public Mobile?

If so, than Public Mobile would be the ones to unlock it for you via the Moderators.

TWO ways to reach the Moderators

Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
Private message the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.