cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to a new providor

crumsie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm being put on my corporate phone plan and would like to port my number to them (telus). My IT department is asking if I've provided a note to Public allowing this transfer - what is the process that I must go through apart from providing Telus with an account and phone number for my current plan?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

There is more for the OP to think about. Like calls during work hours for same numbers...friends and relatives. Calls lasting for hours while on company time. And what numbers you call while not working...your local booze or pot delivery etc etc. All calls are available to your company. I was in a good position at work and had access to all inbound and outbound numbers/minutes called by department. I found our security department was making late night calls to 800/900 numbers for hours at a time. All $ex calls. The employee was confronted and paid for all the calls and later transferred with us to another part of the province and was later fired for some other violation.  So what you do on/off work hours can lead to further scrutiny. 

Something for  millennials to look at!  A freebie and a huge loss of privacy. 

Oh and just to spell it out...your employer will have access to records for all of your calls. 

I guess because the office will pay the bill  🙂

Some jobs really need people to answer call 24/7 (will get pay and OT if you are lucky).  In such case, it's better to have one phone only then having to bring both phones or manage two numbers with call forwarding.  

For most firms, they have a pretty set procedure to release your number back to you when you quit.

Why would you port your personal number over to a corporate company number? You can loose some privacy there!! Not a good idea in my opinion. Do you want to be available to your company 24/7/365??? And if you quit can you port it back? You need to do some forward thinking before you jump. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Just a friendly reminder, if you downgrade to 15 plan you can forward your calls anywhere. If you have any referrals you will be looking at a bill that's less than $8 monthly and you will not lose any other rewards that you gained so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : crumsie is porting _out_.

Anonymous
Not applicable

welcome to public mobile 💝

The first step is to get your new sim card which you can get at online at HERE  or at any Walmart, Loblaws, 7-Eleven, LondonDrugs or any authorized stores, Click HERE 

or Purchase SIM Card online Click HERE 

All you would need it´s your old service provider´s account number and also your old account needs to be active in order to complete your port request. Once your number gets transferred, your old provider´s account will cancel automatically.

PORT PROCESS: Once your port request it´s submitted, your old provider will send you a text message to your old sim card, which it´s necessary to reply back with the word YES. After that, it will take up to 2.5 hours to complete the order. Once your number get´s transferred, your old provider´s account will cancel automatically.

Click HERE  more info.

You can also take advantage of the refer a friend rewards. Just get a referral code from any Pubic mobile user, apply it while activating your account and you will receive a 1 time $10 bonus

Plus $2 off from your bill every month by setting up autopay,

Good Luck 🌺 with a Beautiful Service 🏵 you will be very happy 💐

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crumsie : The new provider is the one to handle all this. You know that the account gets closed here right? You would lose any rewards and balance and accumulated loyalty time.

It's suggested to remove your payment card if registered.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

You need to keep your account open during the porting process.

Need Help? Let's chat.