cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting: is my number lost?

Kylam1015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I attempted to port my Rogers number in the self serve portal, I didn't get any error messages.  After half an hour my Rogers SIM card deactivated, so I switched over to the public mobile sim.  The public mobile sim still shows the original "new" number.  My Rogers account now says it's been canceled, but my Rogers number is no where to be found.  Did I lose my phone number? Or is it just in progress?  Anyone else experienced the same issue? And how did it turn out for you?

thanks!

20 REPLIES 20

Areid7799

Same situation here. Created a new PM number. Worked great. Ported my Koodo number over using the account number. I get a closure email from Koodo And now nothing works. I have no data. Text. Calls. If you call my Koodo number it just says it's no longer in service. 

Since sunday here. 

Ive sadly resorted to buying a Koodo prepaid sim and setting up a 3rd number to use. 

'How sad. 

djsherwin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still not fixed for me either.  I haven't seen any indication of people in our situation having their problems fixed either.  Definitely concerning.

Kylam1015

I just really want to know if others who have had this problem got it resolved? I don't mind waiting but I need to know I won't lose my number. My google account and whatsapp are connected to my old phone number. If someone else gets that number assigned to them, then technically they can have access to all my accounts... @Mary_M and @Shazia_K please reply as this has a huge impact on my personal information.

Kylam1015
I tried doing that on my iPhone 6s...makes no difference, still says it's not in service when I call my old phone number. After a while the phone number changes back to the "new" PM number. I think in your case it probably worked already, just your phone didn't update. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

BigD
I have had the same issue when I ported my Rogers number in. I fixed it by manually changing " my phone number " in setting. I am using iPhone 6+.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you should get a text sying our port is successful when it is completed. Hopefully it is just their systems are slow as lots of people are activating and porting.

Good Luck

Kylam1015
Oh no! Not very comforting to hear it's taking so long. Hopefully it'll work out for the both of us! I wonder if there's others who had this resolved. I sent a pm to one of the mods too. I wouldn't mind some good news...

djsherwin

Probably doesn't make you feel any better but I'm in the same situation.  Ported approximately 18-20 hours ago.  Received the closure e-mail from Koodo but still have the new number I registered with on PM.  I sent a PM to @Shazia_K about an hour ago but I don't expect to hear anything back right away, I'm sure they're swamped.

Hoping my number isn't lost either, but I'm confident it should work.. eventually.

Kylam1015
Self update: 5 hours and still no luck... at least data is working

Kylam1015

I picked mine up in Vancouver yesterday, only had 30 sims left when I got to the front of the line at 12pm.

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Wow. 100 in line

td80
I imagine things are moving slowly on this 11th hour. Give if seem time. My friend referral hasn't processes yet either and last week they were lightning quick.

A friend went to a Sim pickup location in Toronto this morning and there was 100 people in line when the doors opened.

Kylam1015

It's been an hour or so since the Rogers account got deactivated.  Just never experienced this before, usually it's pretty instantaneous.  I will be patient.

Hopefully I can move my case to that successful port thread soon!

td80
How long as it been since the port?

Kylam1015

I used my Rogers account number.

i tried calling and texting my Rogers number and it just says it's not in service.  

I tried restarting my phone, re-inserting the SIM card, the number that shows up is still the pm "new" number and not the Rogers one.  

I know I should be more patient but I am panicking that the phone number I've had for 15 years may be lost. 

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Just give it a few. It sounds like it's in progress.

JPhone

You could  try turning off your phone and turning it back on to see if that makes the phone refresh what phone # it "has" ?

It might just be taking a while like the other people here said.

td80
Once my wife account become active it took a few more minutes for the number to be displayed in the phone app. Also performed a few phone restarts during that time.

Joof

@Kylam1015

It's possible that it's still in the process of porting over the number.

When I ported from Rogers, it was almost instant; I just made sure by asking a friend to text my number and it was working fine.

Maybe you could try that as well? It's possible that your self-serve account may be showing the wrong number.

Also, which fields did you use to port over your number when asked for your Account #, IMEI, etc.?

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kylam1015;

Don't panic, this is just a port in progress. (Even if it fails somehow, your number won't be lost.)

Need Help? Let's chat.